Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battle of the LoL Memes [Battle #1]

Bahz
Level 12
UPDATE:

Winners announcement:
http://rog.asus.com/articles/esports/winners-announced-for-battle-of-the-lol-memes/
Congrats to all the winners!

Public voting for Battle of the LoL Memes has begun, voting period is from Nov 28 (8:00pm GMT+8) to Dec 3 (8:00pm GMT+8) - click on link below
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?89097-Public-Voting-for-Battle-of-the-LoL-Memes-Battle-1

Introducing the first battle topic: Battle of the LoL Memes, it’s going to be one epic battle! This battle begins on November 10th 2016 at 8:00pm (GMT+8) and ends on November 24th 2016 at 8:00pm (GMT+8).

The theme of this topic is LoL (League of Legends), so all submitted memes “must” be related to LoL to qualify. Creating the perfect meme requires the perfect idea, but please don’t waste too much time trying to make the perfect edit. While we would all love to marvel at your amazing editing skills, it’s the best idea that will win.

Below is an example that I came up with and the editing took less than 10 minutes.
Original source: Shutterstock

I’ve played LoL for about 3 years and quit a little over a year ago due to life getting a little too busy. When I think back to my LoL playing days, I always hated playing with Teemo on my team. I can recall at least 3 times when I got KS’d by a Teemo denying me of my glorious Penta kill (ace), so above is how I felt when I got KS’d by Teemo.

Post up your meme and share your story (if you have one) and I’m sure we’re all interested to know.

Prizes
Prizes for Battle of the LoL Memes
1st Prize – ROG Goodies Box (filled with a ton of exclusive ROG swag)
2nd Prize – ROG Sheath Gaming Mouse Pad
3rd Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
4th Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
5th Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code) – Random selection

ROG Grand Prize Draw (January 5 - January 11)

1st Prize – ROG G20 Gaming Desktop
2nd Prize – ROG Swift PG248Q Gaming Monitor
3rd Prize – ROG Centurion 7.1 Gaming Headset
4th Prize – ROG Strix GTX 1050 Ti OC Graphics Card
5th Prize – ROG Claymore Gaming Keyboard
6th Prize – ROG Spatha Wireless/Wired Gaming Mouse

Rules

• The meme can either be a picture with text or a short image clip (GIF) with text
  • Only original work will be accepted, please don’t post existing memes you find over the Internet and try to take credit for it, that’s called plagiarism and will disqualify you from this campaign
  • Upload the picture of the meme to the ROG forum gallery or use any 3rd party picture hosting like “imgur.com” and post the meme directly in the battle thread
  • The meme can use any content found over the Internet, but remember to credit the original author/source (best effort basis)
  • At the conclusion of the battle, 4 finalists will be chosen and a poll be will created for public voting
  • Additional qualified replies/comments will earn you additional entries for the grand prize draw. All additional qualified replies/comments on this thread or the other 3 battle topic threads will be accepted as additional entries up until January 4th 2017
  • Qualified replies/comments must have substance and not 1-2 word replies and are helpful in carrying forward the discussion. The eligibility of each reply/comment will be determined by our ROG forum admins.
  • The order of the winners will be decided through public voting and internal voting. (ranked based on total points)
  • Winners will be announced on the ROG website once the public and internal voting are completed (10 days after the conclusion of the battle – estimated December 4th)

For complete rules for this campaign, please visit the official campaign thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88630-ROG-Forum-Battleground-Community-Campaign-OFFICIAL-T...
245 REPLIES 245

Paraietta wrote:
Not every girl plays supp u know??? I love playing top with garen it's so much fun 🙂

But to be honest i do like to play supp i just don't play it when people automatically assume that I will cuz I'm a girl

Yeah, I don't think your gender should define what role you should play. But I did notice the trend where girls play support. I have seen many girls play League of Legends and if I remember correctly, most of them played support while a few percentage played ADR. I honestly don't see why it's necessary to announce your gender in the game though (unless of course it's obvious on your username) I feel like you'll just attract creeps or jerks who will bully you or people who will accuse you of catfishing, which is very common where I'm from.

Mentoscola wrote:
Sometimes tons of FPS and big screens won't beat the skill of a dedicated gamer with a lower machine 🙂

This is true on most occasions. I had a really crap computer before and I still won matches here and there, so it's really not about your computer specs. Although I got motivated to save up to buy a new computer because I had issues with teamfights sometimes. Whenever there are a lot of effects going on, skills being thrown, my computer starts to freeze and when it unfreezes I just see my champion dead. Achieving really high fps in gaming isn't that big deal when it comes to winning, but getting really low fps will definitely affect your game.

toxicP wrote:

Man, people who call dibs on mid are either really, really good or really, really bad. I have had some teammates who called dibs on mid and actually rekt their opponent. However, when they do bad, they are the type that would blame their teammates. I personally have never called dibs on mid unless it's an A.I. match and I'm practicing a mid-lane champion. I dislike teammates like that in other modes. When they threaten you by saying "mid or feed", it's actually more like "feed or feed".

Sorin8512 wrote:

Oh yes.. the moment we all know and ,,love" so much..

Luckily, this only has happened to me a few times. What bothers me about it is not that I missed a victory and got a "leave" instead, but the fact that I would never know if my teammates were able to finish and win or if they lost because I disappeared. There are other times that I have to leave urgently before finishing a match, that actually bothers me more than being disconnected because I feel guilty for abandoning a team, especially if they're nice players.

Body10 wrote:
We have all been through that

my idea & source of images: www.imgflip.com

I used to be like this then I've decided to set a condition where if I win then I would sleep. It helps a lot and it also gives me a good night sleep since I'd still be pretty happy with the last match. Although this condition also has its downside. And that is when I get a lose streak. Sometimes I would be really sleepy but my last match was so bad that I won't fall asleep easily because of the frustration, so I'd keep playing until I get a victory.

Omnisentient wrote:
Luckily, this only has happened to me a few times. What bothers me about it is not that I missed a victory and got a "leave" instead, but the fact that I would never know if my teammates were able to finish and win or if they lost because I disappeared. There are other times that I have to leave urgently before finishing a match, that actually bothers me more than being disconnected because I feel guilty for abandoning a team, especially if they're nice players.

Thanks for sharing your experiences.

For LoL I never had many cases of Internet issues or server issues so this part for me was fine but I really hate it when people leave right in the middle or near the end of the game. It's even more frustrating when we're winning and in most of the cases it was when we were winning and then with 1 less person your chances of winning are pretty slim, although I have single handily carried my team to victory a few times in those 4v5 situations.

Bahz wrote:
Thanks for sharing your experiences.

For LoL I never had many cases of Internet issues or server issues so this part for me was fine but I really hate it when people leave right in the middle or near the end of the game. It's even more frustrating when we're winning and in most of the cases it was when we were winning and then with 1 less person your chances of winning are pretty slim, although I have single handily carried my team to victory a few times in those 4v5 situations.

Lucky you, it doesn't happen to me a lot but it definitely happened around 10 times in my entire League of Legends career. Remember those days when getting disconnected gets announced to everyone including enemy team? That was a really flawed system. Because once the enemy team knows one of you gets disconnected they will be very aggressive and tries to finish the game real fast before the person gets a chance to reconnect. And yeah, if your opponent isn't that bad, losing 1 teammate will most likely result in defeat. I had a few games like those too.

Omnisentient wrote:
Lucky you, it doesn't happen to me a lot but it definitely happened around 10 times in my entire League of Legends career. Remember those days when getting disconnected gets announced to everyone including enemy team? That was a really flawed system. Because once the enemy team knows one of you gets disconnected they will be very aggressive and tries to finish the game real fast before the person gets a chance to reconnect. And yeah, if your opponent isn't that bad, losing 1 teammate will most likely result in defeat. I had a few games like those too.

Yeah, my teammates always get disconnected, that happens a lot. It seems like I always get stuck with some guy that has a stone computer that takes ages to finish loading then disconnects and doesn't come back.

Bahz wrote:
Yeah, my teammates always get disconnected, that happens a lot. It seems like I always get stuck with some guy that has a stone computer that takes ages to finish loading then disconnects and doesn't come back.

The worst are those with high ping, and those who enter and exit, but the game has not even started... :mad: It happens in almost all multiplayer games 😛

haha Is this happening to you?:confused:

source: http://abovethelaw.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/angry-professor.jpg