Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Battle of the LoL Memes [Battle #1]

Bahz
Level 12
UPDATE:

Winners announcement:
http://rog.asus.com/articles/esports/winners-announced-for-battle-of-the-lol-memes/
Congrats to all the winners!

Public voting for Battle of the LoL Memes has begun, voting period is from Nov 28 (8:00pm GMT+8) to Dec 3 (8:00pm GMT+8) - click on link below
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?89097-Public-Voting-for-Battle-of-the-LoL-Memes-Battle-1

Introducing the first battle topic: Battle of the LoL Memes, it’s going to be one epic battle! This battle begins on November 10th 2016 at 8:00pm (GMT+8) and ends on November 24th 2016 at 8:00pm (GMT+8).

The theme of this topic is LoL (League of Legends), so all submitted memes “must” be related to LoL to qualify. Creating the perfect meme requires the perfect idea, but please don’t waste too much time trying to make the perfect edit. While we would all love to marvel at your amazing editing skills, it’s the best idea that will win.

Below is an example that I came up with and the editing took less than 10 minutes.
Original source: Shutterstock

I’ve played LoL for about 3 years and quit a little over a year ago due to life getting a little too busy. When I think back to my LoL playing days, I always hated playing with Teemo on my team. I can recall at least 3 times when I got KS’d by a Teemo denying me of my glorious Penta kill (ace), so above is how I felt when I got KS’d by Teemo.

Post up your meme and share your story (if you have one) and I’m sure we’re all interested to know.

Prizes
Prizes for Battle of the LoL Memes
1st Prize – ROG Goodies Box (filled with a ton of exclusive ROG swag)
2nd Prize – ROG Sheath Gaming Mouse Pad
3rd Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
4th Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code)
5th Prize – Mafia 3 Game Code (digital game code) – Random selection

ROG Grand Prize Draw (January 5 - January 11)

1st Prize – ROG G20 Gaming Desktop
2nd Prize – ROG Swift PG248Q Gaming Monitor
3rd Prize – ROG Centurion 7.1 Gaming Headset
4th Prize – ROG Strix GTX 1050 Ti OC Graphics Card
5th Prize – ROG Claymore Gaming Keyboard
6th Prize – ROG Spatha Wireless/Wired Gaming Mouse

Rules

• The meme can either be a picture with text or a short image clip (GIF) with text
  • Only original work will be accepted, please don’t post existing memes you find over the Internet and try to take credit for it, that’s called plagiarism and will disqualify you from this campaign
  • Upload the picture of the meme to the ROG forum gallery or use any 3rd party picture hosting like “imgur.com” and post the meme directly in the battle thread
  • The meme can use any content found over the Internet, but remember to credit the original author/source (best effort basis)
  • At the conclusion of the battle, 4 finalists will be chosen and a poll be will created for public voting
  • Additional qualified replies/comments will earn you additional entries for the grand prize draw. All additional qualified replies/comments on this thread or the other 3 battle topic threads will be accepted as additional entries up until January 4th 2017
  • Qualified replies/comments must have substance and not 1-2 word replies and are helpful in carrying forward the discussion. The eligibility of each reply/comment will be determined by our ROG forum admins.
  • The order of the winners will be decided through public voting and internal voting. (ranked based on total points)
  • Winners will be announced on the ROG website once the public and internal voting are completed (10 days after the conclusion of the battle – estimated December 4th)

For complete rules for this campaign, please visit the official campaign thread:
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?88630-ROG-Forum-Battleground-Community-Campaign-OFFICIAL-T...
245 REPLIES 245

Kenzous wrote:
Time went by fast it feels like, a lot of great memes was posted 🙂 I enjoyed this event

Same LOL, never seen that before, waiting for a second :3

Bahz
Level 12
Public voting has begun for Battle of the LoL Memes, help us pick the best meme in this battle to earn 1 additional entry for the grand prize draw
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?89097-Public-Voting-for-Battle-of-the-LoL-Memes-Battle-1

Bahz wrote:
Public voting has begun for Battle of the LoL Memes, help us pick the best meme in this battle to earn 1 additional entry for the grand prize draw

Can i still post there my opinion about memes? I have seen many good memes there. Everybody have good humor feeling, thats why i like players. Some of them may be angry to each other. This is caused by people. In some situations whole man humanity disappers in one second. People screaming and blaming each other with no reason at all. Players need to build a big community without any anger to each other. Without racists, and other bad people. I hope, future of gaming will show us the best results in building this community.

Ivanwane wrote:
Can i still post there my opinion about memes? I have seen many good memes there. Everybody have good humor feeling, thats why i like players. Some of them may be angry to each other. This is caused by people. In some situations whole man humanity disappers in one second. People screaming and blaming each other with no reason at all. Players need to build a big community without any anger to each other. Without racists, and other bad people. I hope, future of gaming will show us the best results in building this community.

Yes, please do post your opinions, that's exactly what we want to see from everyone. You can also earn additional entries for the grand prize draw for sharing good feedback 🙂

KilluaZoldyck wrote:
Rammus: OK

Source of the images I used to create this meme:
http://andie200.deviantart.com/art/Rammus-Flipping-the-bird-523755005
https://www.teepublic.com/t-shirt/242562-speech-therapist

I really don't get why Riot won't just let him speak in English. Because apparently he does speak in other languages, like in German, French, etc. Some of his quotes are "How about a back massage?" and a lot of puns about his spikes that really won't work when translated to English. I feel like since Rammus "Ok" became a trademark and loved by many, Riot decided to just simply stick with it.

beke.zoltan00 wrote:

I feel like gamers get the least respect here in my country compared to all other countries that joins competitive games. We had a town here where they banned a moba game and threatened to close internet cafes that allows customers to play that game, only because old people saw it as a threat for their children's wellbeing. I feel like they decided to just blame moba games instead of blaming themselves for their crap parenting skills. I don't know when will eSports be actually well-funded and become an actual thing here.

sasa0625 wrote:

(OP unknown, pic from circa 2011)

Haha, when I was new I didn't know it mattered much as long as the enemy champion dies. But after awhile I realized I should try and make it so that the ADC will get the kill. My friend and I also do duo on bot lane with him as ADC and me as support. He never complains when I get the kills though, we just laugh at how I've become a killer support. I can imagine it won't be the same if I'm with a stranger. They usually complain so much even if you get just 1 kill as a support.

eldge_a wrote:

Because I'm having this kind of compliments whenever I play support.

The original meme picture came from 9gag. Caption made by me 🙂

I wish all players were appreciative like this. My main role is support and I rarely get thanked for my efforts and sacrifices, although I get that that is the support's job to do those things, I feel like they still should be thankful because not many wants to have that role in the first place. Luckily though, when my friend and I plays together he's always complimenting me and my play style.

petar_popovac wrote:
My edit
I do not know about you people, but while I was making this meme I made my day hahah 🙂

how in fact text goes with the picture hahahhaha 😉 😉 😄

picture source: https://www.google.rs/search?q=messi+meme&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjE-c7nwajQAhWI5xoKHbv...

I don't really get upset when I lose a long game like that. Most of the time I'm just glad it's finally over. Besides, if a match lasts that long, it means my team and the enemy team are almost on an equal level and losing to them isn't as painful to admit. There are times though that a match lasts that long because our team was winning and we didn't finish the game and just kept farming, so the enemy team started catching up and we couldn't push anymore and they end up winning in the end. Now THAT would be very frustrating.

nowellachenal wrote:
All the time hahahahahahahahaha

People like this are annoying, especially when you tell them to play safe and they are so frustrated at their lane opponent so they try to go for a kill every time they respawn. I mean one solution is to gank and help them so they'd be satisfied, but chances are, their opponent is already fed by then and you'll just be double killed. It's sad because people let their emotions control them, instead of playing safe and playing smart. It's usually the younger players who are like this.