cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About G75VW... It's impressive but it doesn't sound mobile PC...

Xtreme-Performa
Level 7
Well I'm quite impressed that I don't usually see a laptop with 2 2.5 hdd availble especially 16GB RAM is very sweet for laptops... it's almost like a home/office M-ATX PC lol..

I don't know if it's a mobile PC overclockers.. but I'm impressed at how many RAM it has lol

I'd be a lot more sweeter if the laptop holds up 4 HDD Raid... then you'd able to put couple of HDDs and a pair of SSD... For me I wouldn't mine a heavier and bigger Laptops while others are impressed at skinnier laptops like Mac Books Pro...

Here's an suggestion... It's my own hypothosis... of realizing how this 4 HDD raid for laptop and maybe can include extra power in overclocking laptops lol...

Hey... hey... don't chew me up though... it's a rather random idea and thinking.. I'm sure like an idea or an invention of improvement it can work out some kinks lol

I figured if overclockers dream in a laptop PC that can be tweaked why not tweak the design of a laptop? If I could I'd like to have my own kit to purchase custom build a laptop PC... certainly give me ideas to improve the design if I had good materials around the area and more knowledge in electrical engineer perspective in hotwiring I'm sure I could show how it works...

(Unfortunately my custom build PC has bugs.. so I cannot use my AutoCad 2004 atm for a blueprint of a laptop design idea... Like for some reason I validated my Window 7 to be Genuine yet microsoft download wont let me download XP Mode cos the program in Win Update cannot decipher my key to be validate to be genuine... weird huh? Yet it's already validated through activation.... so System Profile says its validated... to be genuine it's the microsoft website it's having hard time reading it... but if I could download the XP mode I'm sure I could redesign a laptop that even overclockers might be impressive at... in a blueprint)

With overclockers I would think a little heavier laptop is ok as long as it acts like a Tank... it's impressively heavy because you can have a raid 4 HDD and maybe even going further with 16GB to 32GB... Or it would be nice if there's a docking station instead that it would purchase seperately that people could perhaps use normal RAM and is able to fit those RAM cooler...

So I guess almost heavy as a M-ATX but couple of lbs lighter or well I suppose two options would be a laptop size of a M-ATX or this size of a PC laptop with a docking station to house the HDD and the RAMs and everything else inside the laptop itself... although if it's a overclocker... I would assume a higher PSU would be sweeter...in the docking station...

Ofcourse there's the factor of heat... then why not like a sleeves to house the RAM like a copper coil that touches the RAM to absorb the heat and dispense it with a opening case lined with a thin layer of water tank probably .25 inch of layer or smaller then a copper sheet and basically layer a 2 layers of water sheet like a plastic that can withstand heat and have 1 layer a copper then 2nd layer water 3rd layer copper 4th layer water and 5th layer copper sheet to a equivelent of 1 inch or less in thickness in the open case of the docking station so basically copper would absorb heat and the water package sheet would dispense the heat from the copper to the water...

Although the RAM would require to be laid down like how the RAM for Mac Book Pro I recall I'd replaced it with a faster and more gbs from 2gbs to 4gbs stick so that the copper sheet would be touching the chipset of the RAM to absorb the heat of the RAM and not only that but the water sheet can come off so you can put in the freezer and the copper layer would protect the hardware inside the docking station from condensing evaporated water... Certainly requires a unique alloy material to somehow keep the moisture from getting to the hardware... but keeping the water sheet inside a copper layer sheets would help cooling the copper metal especially once the RAM and other hardware would start to heat up the copper that's already cooled down.

I did a small research on wikipedia on copper metal how it's tamper easier with hot/cold absorbsion... (I typed on search engine which metal alloy absorbs heat/cold faster and can witstand tampering)

Sorry for this thread by the way... I'm sort of a excentric thinker that gets a lot of inspiration and ideas from different products and how to invent to improve ideas and inventions... That's probably why people notice I'm a creative thinker and problem solver.. Like this old TV show I used to watched inspired me when I was a kid... McGyver... thinking outside the box lmfao....
ASUS Entheustic <3r MOBO RIG: First RIG first custom built myself...
Antec Darkfleet-80 (Antec said it's a new Full Tower ATX.. and also said copied from other ATX..) / Rampage 4 Extreme / Intel i7-3820 (hope to upgrade to i7-3960X but cannot afford on budget atm...) / EVGA 560 Ti OC 256-bit 1GB 4-way SLI Kingston XMP 8 GB 2400 mhz DDR3 / Cool Masters 1000w PSU / Phantek European design Heatsink for LGA 2011 /ASUS Blu-ray Drive / Seagate SSHD 500GB Momentus XT Win 7 64-bit Ultimate / AutoCad2000
5 REPLIES 5

chrsplmr
Level 18
Let it rip XP ... let it rip ...
that was an awesome look at thinking in motion .. original thought++[cudos] .. unencumbered by
excessive 'info-over-load'... but a wealth of question ..... my favorite.
You bring up an excellent point overall indeed.
Is there a nitch market, just as all the enthusiast boards, for a super laptop ..
Super Ultimate No Hold Barred King of ROG and all Mankind........ Im in.
I agree. Yes.
I think no apology has ever had to have been made for 'The Best', or ever will be.
And they who made it could Never produce enough ... Making them even more 'wanted'.
What of the Duesenberg AutoMobile ?.. was, is, for ever will be. The Best.
Build it-they will come---Built in 5760x3240 HoloGraFX/ROGjector ? please.

[[ps. XP- McGyVer could only 'wish' that he had our toys...hehehe..]]

Sorry Hulkster...Gotta say it--
Wut'Cha Gunna Do When ROGaMania Runs Wild [in] YOU ???? hahahhahaha .
Yep....OC it. This is ROG.c.

Xtreme-Performa
Level 7
True... or if einstein was alive and society gave him the funding for his theories instead of locking him up in an Asylum and calling him Bi-Polar and our present day technology would be in the pasts and we'd be "Back in the Future" and our present date would have more advanced technologies... lmfao

But people typically won't believe anyone unless they have proof, especially a society that does not like change because life is good... That people don't want to challenge themselves in order for a human society to evolve into what we call einsteins genius IQ an evolution.
Unfortunately Einstein's attitude was born back in his era were these types of technologies were but fantasy not reality.

Or else if Einstein had the proof of his theories society wouldn't be mockering his intelligence when einstein was alive then in this present age of 2012 of society. Our society wouldn't be this way... it'll be a society that shows enthusiasm to exploring open perspective in order to make einstein the father of technologies instead of locking him up he could've created more formulas and theories that is made possible.

Then our society would've progressed farther then we anticipated... Only if society were not that narrow minded to changes... and enthusiasm to exploring unknown... McGyver could've had better toys in this century if Society didn't made Einstein outcast in society by making him Bi-Polar...

It shows people who have too much pride of themselves are closed minded.. and cannot acceptance of others in society therefore this is the world of Jeremy Lin's discriminated through an ice cream Ben & Jerry world as proof of our closed perspective society.

So yes and no... or rather true and false as what you say Chris Palmer... :cool:
ASUS Entheustic <3r MOBO RIG: First RIG first custom built myself...
Antec Darkfleet-80 (Antec said it's a new Full Tower ATX.. and also said copied from other ATX..) / Rampage 4 Extreme / Intel i7-3820 (hope to upgrade to i7-3960X but cannot afford on budget atm...) / EVGA 560 Ti OC 256-bit 1GB 4-way SLI Kingston XMP 8 GB 2400 mhz DDR3 / Cool Masters 1000w PSU / Phantek European design Heatsink for LGA 2011 /ASUS Blu-ray Drive / Seagate SSHD 500GB Momentus XT Win 7 64-bit Ultimate / AutoCad2000

A small question for you guys, do ALL of the Asus G75VWs have boosters? (Without exceptions?) As in Norway i've found several norwegian sites which does not include if the G75VW has a booster, though all the other info is included. Please do help me out here 🙂 I wish to know if it is guaranteed that the PC has a turbo boost or not. (In case needed; here's one of the sites I'm looking at http://www.komplett.no/k/ki.aspx?sku=744830#extra, if you wonder about what it says, just put it into google translate from Norwegian.)

kkn
Level 14
ASUS G75VW 17.3" Full HD
GeForce GTX670 3GB,Core i7-3610QM,8GB RAM,750GB SSD/HDD,DVD±RW,BT,W7H

produser's nr: G75VW-T1028V

What I was wondring is if it has a booster or not, which it doesn't say there wether it has a booster or not. Also, when I search for the name, I can't find it if it has one or not, as all the sites I find are based on the exact same site as linked above.
If anyone knows if it is guaranteed if the PC has a booster or not, please do share 🙂