cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Xonar Essence STX Winodows 8.1 Drivers?

VectorRoll
Level 7
I know this section is on the Phoebus but since it is the closest section to the Xonar Cards I thought I would ask here.

Does anyone know if and when drivers for Windows 8.1 will be released for the Xonar Essence STX?
Also, has anyone used the regular Windows 8 drivers for it with 8.1 and if their were any issues?

I ask because when I first installed Windows 8.1 since its release I had some major issues which I could not identify the source of. I was not leaning toward any of the issues being the sound card but I can not be certain. Long story short, I tried a lot of things to fix them but I ended up reinstalling Windows 8 completely from scratch and am now in the process of installing everything one at a time to test them and make sure they are all working. I am at the Sound Card drivers now but their is no 8.1 drivers for it. I am just wondering if and when drivers for the Xonar Essence STX will be released for (8.1) and if people have had any issues with use the current drivers for Windows 8.

Windows 8.1 Preview I did not have any of the issues which I got after installing the Release version the other day. That is why I am being very caution about this and testing everything one at a time. I am also trying to see what others have experienced. So anything thoughts or information would be appreciated. Thanks...
40 REPLIES 40

Lotzi wrote:
when will there updated Drivers (beta) for STX for Windows 8.1

that's a good requestion, i installed Windows 8.1 Pro 64bit today and installed the Windows 8 64bit driver it just installs and works just fine no problem for me at all ^^

Mp0wer
Level 7
Wait, so this card is useless in windows 8.1...unbelievable :mad:

I hope my onboard sound will hold me over 😞
Case : Silverstone TJ07 Black
Video : Asus GTX 680 4gb w/EK Waterblock
Board : Asus Maximus V Formula Z77
CPU : Core i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz
Sound : Asus Xonar Essence STX
CPU Cooler : EK-Supreme HF w/Plexi Top
PSU: Enermax Revolution 85+ 1050w
Memory : 16GB Samsung 2133mhz 10-9-10-28
HDD : Crucial M4 256gb x2 Raid 0
Radiator : Thermochill PA 120.3
Reservoir : EK-Multioption Res 250 Rev.2
Water Pump : Laing DDC-3.2 w/XSPC Top
Headphones : Sennheiser HD-650

Mp0wer wrote:
Wait, so this card is useless in windows 8.1...unbelievable :mad:

I hope my onboard sound will hold me over 😞

i use the beta driver 8.0.8.1821 for Windows 8 64bit from asus.com in my Windows 8.1 Professional UK 64bit and it works fine no issues anywhere other then they changed the colours for the audio center which i dunno if i can get use to 😉

This driver: PCI_STX_8_0_8_1821_Win8.rar

gasoline
Level 7

gasoline
Level 7

PeterP
Level 7
That's a good news, thanks.

I would also like to enjoy audio qualities of high-end Xonar card and plan to buy one for myself.
My only concern is whether to go and buy it now, because if I understand the information correctly, Xonar STX will never get official WHQL certified driver for W8 or W8.1. I am a little worried about future Windows versions driver support.

Raja has mentioned that a new product is planned to replace the card, but I'm not sure how far from release it is.
Could someone help me to decide and comment the timeframe for release of this new card or driver lookout for STX in Windows 9?

Thanks in advance

PeterP wrote:
That's a good news, thanks.

I would also like to enjoy audio qualities of high-end Xonar card and plan to buy one for myself.
My only concern is whether to go and buy it now, because if I understand the information correctly, Xonar STX will never get official WHQL certified driver for W8 or W8.1. I am a little worried about future Windows versions driver support.

Raja has mentioned that a new product is planned to replace the card, but I'm not sure how far from release it is.
Could someone help me to decide and comment the timeframe for release of this new card or driver lookout for STX in Windows 9?

Thanks in advance

I have the same dilemma.
When will this card be released? Should I wait?

psychic wrote:
I have the same dilemma.
When will this card be released? Should I wait?

I have the same dilemma. I wanna buy the ASUS Xonar Essence STX but I've heard Reja said that there will be a new updated model of Xonar STX card coming out. Is that a new card or is it just merely a refresh? I will wait if it's coming out on 2014-2015.

OK, so the waiting is finally over 🙂

Xonar Essence STX II card has been announced:
http://rog.asus.com/307922014/news/asus-essence-stx-ii-and-essence-stx-ii-7-1-hi-fi-grade-sound-laun...

Some small design changes are packed so let's hope these will improve the sound of the card.
I'm eager to read some reviews with measurements included 🙂

Hope the launch won't be screwed with some insane pricing, I'm expecting the price similar to the original STX.

powerhouse
Level 7
Those who still run Windoze, you could install Linux (free:p) and continue to enjoy the Xonar Essence STX - it works PERFECT !