cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 Drivers? PLEASE!

hoxlund
Level 9
I recently bought one of your most expensive sound cards, strix raid dlx. For the life of me, cannot understand how you don't have windows 11 drivers out?

It's only had beta builds for over a year. It's only been officially out for the past 4 months now.

This is very sad that asus would let down it's customer base like this.

I am trying to use my high end beyerdynamics dt990 pro (600 ohm) headphones with your sound card. You cannot change to the headphone output with having your latest driver installed (1.1.23)
Thermaltake Core X5 Snow Edition TG Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming X Mobo
AMD Ryzen 9 5950x CPU
Custom EK CPU Loop
Crucial 4x16GB DDR4 3600 Memory
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE Video Card
43 REPLIES 43

hoxlund
Level 9
Don't need to post that. I'm well aware on what Asus has been saying for months. My stance hasn't and will not change.
AMD Ryzen 9 5950x CPU
Custom EK CPU Loop

Asus dropped another potential delay in their audio drivers for windows 11 today (may 5th 2022):

"At present, the following ASUS sound card models are still available for sale, we expect to release new windows 11 drivers one by one from May 2022 to fix this issue."

That's it Asus, I threw in the towel today. I said enough was enough, you cannot continue to treat your loyal customers like this. I sit here having purchased decades worth of Asus products. Bought still own for nostalgia sake your P4C 800-E Deluxe mobo, sits on a pedestal in my office. Have my main laptop on my desk, ROG G752VL. Wife uses your GL502VT laptop. She still uses your tuf gaming x570-plus mobo. I've owned more recently your x399 threadripper board, x79 boards, x99 boards, strix 980ti gpu, countless other gpus before that. So many other products I'm forgetting as I sit here and type this. But I digress...

Bought and installed the creative labs sound blaster ae-7 card today. Gotta say, very impressed, software is POLISHED!! to say the least. Best of all my expensive beyerdynamic headphones work again.

Selling your very sweet sound card to someone locally and won't look back. Again card was rock solid.... in Windows 10. There is no excuse for you to not have a fully functioning Windows 11 driver over a year after release. Not to mention the year or two during Microsoft was developing windows 11.

I'm done with your products in the future. I'm not mad, just EXTREMLY disappointed.
AMD Ryzen 9 5950x CPU
Custom EK CPU Loop

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Sorry for the delay guys, development requires coworking with partners such as Microsoft, unfortunately progress is slower than anticipated due to COVID. Thanks for your patience.

MasterC@ROG wrote:
Sorry for the delay guys, development requires coworking with partners such as Microsoft, unfortunately progress is slower than anticipated due to COVID. Thanks for your patience.
So when is it due ? been Patiently waiting since win11 was released 😞

Sneeky wrote:
So when is it due ? been Patiently waiting since win11 was released 😞

May be August? or December?
This is second time delay.
So ridiculous!

hoxlund
Level 9
ya blaming covid is pure laziness. windows 11 was being developed WAY before covid was a thing. and what? you have 2 people on your driver support team?
AMD Ryzen 9 5950x CPU
Custom EK CPU Loop

Sneeky
Level 7
Any update on a release date ? ASUS

hoxlund
Level 9
from their june 24th update on the driver page - "the problem is already solved in Win11 22H2. Please help let the customer upgrade to Win11 22H2 and retry."

Don't really understand how its been solved if they haven't put out a driver. Sounds like they are relying on the grace of MS team to make it work through built in windows drivers.

I already gave up on this card awhile now, bought the creative labs ae-7. It's been 10x better experience. I still have my strix raid dlx card packed up in a box. Trying to sell it on facebook marketplace and local craigslist. Have it listed for $100.
AMD Ryzen 9 5950x CPU
Custom EK CPU Loop

I just upgraded to a preview of 22h2 and the drivers are still broken.

Sneeky
Level 7
22H2 makes no difference :mad: