cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 Drivers? PLEASE!

hoxlund
Level 9
I recently bought one of your most expensive sound cards, strix raid dlx. For the life of me, cannot understand how you don't have windows 11 drivers out?

It's only had beta builds for over a year. It's only been officially out for the past 4 months now.

This is very sad that asus would let down it's customer base like this.

I am trying to use my high end beyerdynamics dt990 pro (600 ohm) headphones with your sound card. You cannot change to the headphone output with having your latest driver installed (1.1.23)
Thermaltake Core X5 Snow Edition TG Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming X Mobo
AMD Ryzen 9 5950x CPU
Custom EK CPU Loop
Crucial 4x16GB DDR4 3600 Memory
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE Video Card
43 REPLIES 43

In my case I got my beautiful sound back. I uninstalled the sonic studio and let Windows 11 install drivers for it. Then I reinstalled Peace and Equalizer APO and setup for 7.1 upscale. Got my Subwoofer back! Actually the sound is quite good, it's just I don't have the use of the remote console. It's not plugged in and signals are direct to the external amps.

MhzManiac wrote:
In my case I got my beautiful sound back. I uninstalled the sonic studio and let Windows 11 install drivers for it. Then I reinstalled Peace and Equalizer APO and setup for 7.1 upscale. Got my Subwoofer back! Actually the sound is quite good, it's just I don't have the use of the remote console. It's not plugged in and signals are direct to the external amps.

This weekend I came accross a post on the support sight that suggested running the Studio launcher file in Windows 7 compatibility mode. This had some good results but did not resolve all problems. All the channels are now where they should be in 7.1 surround. The remote console amber lights are lit in a row instead of looking like rays of sunshine, but the volume control still does not work when rotating the knob. The headphone jack does work if you use the Sonic app to switch devices. Did not see it listed in available windows devices when using the tray. Going to try different compatibility modes to see if things get better.

The only way I've been able to get the strix control box to work is by manually starting the driver.
I've got a strix raid dlx, and have the asus drivers mostly working with W11Pro 23H2 in an HP Omen system.
And run the strix sonic studio in Win7 conpatibility mode too.  Once that was all working I figured out the following:

1. in the directory where the strix drivers/apps are installed
    1. open a powershell window and
    2. run ./nhAsusStrixSvc32.exe /start StrixControl
    3. the lights on the control box should blink
    4. check driver/service status with .\nhAsusStrixSvc32.exe /list

I got this information from somewhere (asus forum or reddit) but can't find the original to link it.  

xxDIMAxx
Level 7

Hello guys. I have Asus strix soar pro audio card. But my Equalizer device, what i have with Pro version doesn't work, i read a lot of people have these issues. When i have older win 10, it works fine, but when i install Win 11 its doesnt work, its recongize it, for 5 second when windows star i can change volume but then stop working. Sow, annoying i can't use pro device i pay for.. 

Update: Werid things happens when i change my gpu card, i sold my rtx 2060 super and when wait my new 4070, i play and use pc only with cpu integrated gpu in and the weird thing my equalizer working, sow without gpu its work, How its possibole? Maybe it's a conflict with hdmi drivers' audio??