cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windows 11 Drivers? PLEASE!

hoxlund
Level 9
I recently bought one of your most expensive sound cards, strix raid dlx. For the life of me, cannot understand how you don't have windows 11 drivers out?

It's only had beta builds for over a year. It's only been officially out for the past 4 months now.

This is very sad that asus would let down it's customer base like this.

I am trying to use my high end beyerdynamics dt990 pro (600 ohm) headphones with your sound card. You cannot change to the headphone output with having your latest driver installed (1.1.23)
Thermaltake Core X5 Snow Edition TG Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming X Mobo
AMD Ryzen 9 5950x CPU
Custom EK CPU Loop
Crucial 4x16GB DDR4 3600 Memory
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE Video Card
812 Views
43 REPLIES 43

Yes getting 22H2 now :cool:

Sneeky
Level 7
Its only gone and Done it 😮

So i tried and did a full reinstall of 22H2 and it the Soar DLX worked for 2 days. Now the sound card is gone again

hoxlund
Level 9
yep probably because once again they didn't write a windows 11 driver. my recommendation is to drop that sound card. go with a creative labs card. I've never been happier after the ditch. AE7 works phenomenal in windows 11
Thermaltake Core X5 Snow Edition TG Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming X Mobo
AMD Ryzen 9 5950x CPU
Custom EK CPU Loop
Crucial 4x16GB DDR4 3600 Memory
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE Video Card

ThomasRhin
Level 7
ASUS just pretends that they never launch or sell Strix DLX sound cards. There is NO any actual driver maintenance for these sounds at all. the driver for Strix DLX stays in 2016 and never been updated for more than six years. What they has done is update the INSTALLER ONLY ! The actual driver inside has been always the same! What a joke ! Try to fool the consumers? Why we need the driver update? Because the performance is totally a junk while adjust the sonic studio under windows 10 and windows 11. I paid almost $330 and get this Strix DLX RAID and really regret with it !

JUST DON'T BUY ANY ASUS ROG OR STRIX SOUND CARDS ! BECAUSE ASUS WILL NEVER GIVE THEM ACTUAL DRIVER MAINTENANCE !

ThomasRhin wrote:
ASUS just pretends that they never launch or sell Strix DLX sound cards. There is NO any actual driver maintenance for these sounds at all. the driver for Strix DLX stays in 2016 and never been updated for more than six years. What they has done is update the INSTALLER ONLY ! The actual driver inside has been always the same! What a joke ! Try to fool the consumers? Why we need the driver update? Because the performance is totally a junk while adjust the sonic studio under windows 10 and windows 11. I paid almost $330 and get this Strix DLX RAID and really regret with it !

JUST DON'T BUY ANY ASUS ROG OR STRIX SOUND CARDS ! BECAUSE ASUS WILL NEVER GIVE THEM ACTUAL DRIVER MAINTENANCE !


Swapped out for my Creative AE-7. day and night difference. Couldn't be more pleased with Creative's solution. Everything works and they regularly update their drivers... you know cause they are essentially a sound company with over over 40 years in the sound industry.
Thermaltake Core X5 Snow Edition TG Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming X Mobo
AMD Ryzen 9 5950x CPU
Custom EK CPU Loop
Crucial 4x16GB DDR4 3600 Memory
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE Video Card

Before update to 22H2, the Win 10 drivers worked somewhat on my Raid DLX. Now that I have 22H2 running, the sound still works but the remove is completely useless. Just lights up but no response on the volume wheel. Does not switch to headphone mode either. Support site says it was fixed with 22H2 release. BS! Reinstalling drivers does nothing.

ArmedAssault
Level 8
Switching between headphones and speakers constantly breaks for me after installing Windows updates. At first I thought it had something to do with cleaning the registry, but no. Specially did not use any utilities. Every time you have to uninstall the driver, then reboot, install again. Asus has buried its sound cards and apparently is not going to release any updates. And the statement that everything works in 22H2 is not true.

ArmedAssault wrote:
Switching between headphones and speakers constantly breaks for me after installing Windows updates. At first I thought it had something to do with cleaning the registry, but no. Specially did not use any utilities. Every time you have to uninstall the driver, then reboot, install again. Asus has buried its sound cards and apparently is not going to release any updates. And the statement that everything works in 22H2 is not true.


I was finding the same info on the support site. Today I checked and they do admit there is a problem and working on it.
https://www.asus.com/us/support/faq/1049103

With the latest Windows 11 update the remote console is completely dead except for the LEDs. It lights up and that is it. In 7.1 mode, only the front speakers have amplified outputs. All the other channels have extremely low sound volume. It appears the sound is not routed to the final amp but passes a low pre-amp signal. My only solution now is disable the card and use the motherboard 7.1 surround until the driver issue is fixed.

MhzManiac wrote:
I was finding the same info on the support site. Today I checked and they do admit there is a problem and working on it.
https://www.asus.com/us/support/faq/1049103

With the latest Windows 11 update the remote console is completely dead except for the LEDs. It lights up and that is it. In 7.1 mode, only the front speakers have amplified outputs. All the other channels have extremely low sound volume. It appears the sound is not routed to the final amp but passes a low pre-amp signal. My only solution now is disable the card and use the motherboard 7.1 surround until the driver issue is fixed.


I'm talking about Strix Soar (not Raid or DLX). The problem is in the Sonic Studio panel, which breaks when installing any Windows update. You install an update and you can no longer switch between headphones and speakers. It is treated by a boring reinstallation of the driver. In my case, I left the headphones on the Strix, and connected the speakers to the motherboard.