cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[URGENT SUPPORT REQUIRED] PC reboot when installing driver of ESSENCE STX II

paulguru
Level 7
Hi guy

I change my PC with an Asus X370 Pro + Ryzen 1700x.
PC run great, but i cant use my Asus Essence STX II, i pluged it and into devices manager i can see it, but when i try to install the drivers or try to update the driver the PC reboot automatically without reason.

What is this ?

- I tryed to remove and reinstall the card into the PCI-ex
- I checked if the power cable was correctly plugged
- I tryed to format the Windows and try to install Essence driver first at all but same problem ..... i run the setup of driver and .... instant restart !
-If i go into devices manager and try to install driver manually, same thing.

HELP PLEASE !
155 REPLIES 155

Hi,

I'm also having the same issue just not as bad as others and very random. I tried the following:

- Reinstalled Drivers
- Updated BIOS
- Tried Third Party Drivers
- Disabled All other audio devices
- Tried different PCI Express Slot

All the above failed. My computer does boot up and sound does work on the switching back and forth from lets say headphones to speakers computer will reboot. It's pretty random ranging from 1 time all the way to 5-6 if not more times. Also when computer reboots it sometimes wont boot back up without a hard shut down. Every time it does reboot you can hear the clicking sounds.

I can provide specifications if needed. This being happening since day 1 and did 4 BIOS updates. On my older Intel computer did not have any issues.

Legionx wrote:
Hi,

I'm also having the same issue just not as bad as others and very random. I tried the following:

- Reinstalled Drivers
- Updated BIOS
- Tried Third Party Drivers
- Disabled All other audio devices
- Tried different PCI Express Slot

All the above failed. My computer does boot up and sound does work on the switching back and forth from lets say headphones to speakers computer will reboot. It's pretty random ranging from 1 time all the way to 5-6 if not more times. Also when computer reboots it sometimes wont boot back up without a hard shut down. Every time it does reboot you can hear the clicking sounds.

I can provide specifications if needed. This being happening since day 1 and did 4 BIOS updates. On my older Intel computer did not have any issues.

Great to see that I am not the only one 🙂

THANK YOU!

Any news on this?

Because the issue is still here...

Yea still having issues as well. I'm thinking it's a driver issues for sure considering Ryzen did not even exist and driver dates back to 2015. Not only that the driver was not flawless to begin with reason why third party drivers came out. Least its working i can't say the same for Creative which also had "similar issues".

Legionx wrote:
Yea still having issues as well. I'm thinking it's a driver issues for sure considering Ryzen did not even exist and driver dates back to 2015. Not only that the driver was not flawless to begin with reason why third party drivers came out. Least its working i can't say the same for Creative which also had "similar issues".

Well, I don't really care of what the issue is.
I've been trying to help Asus dealing with it...
They keep saying that "they can't reproduce the issue" or "Oh its an overclock issue" but at the end of the day the issue is still there.

I can't stress this enough, I pick Asus for their quality and this is making me mad, really.

All I want is to fix this stupid issue so I can use my quality and EXPENSIVE hardware.

So PLEASE, can you fix this? or at least tell me who to talk to in order to get it fixed?

The issue still persists here as well. Today I updated to BIOS 0902 and I did the test again.

Cold booted to Win10 and then I switched between 2 Speakers and Headphone. It does work within the first minute after the reboot (switched about 10 times back and forth) but then the crash happens again. Seems like something is loaded then that causes some kind of interference. I am still tempted to claim that it is related to the nVidia Graphics driver somehow.

Please keep us updated on the progress of the investigation. I can also provide logs or dumps if you like.

Cool_McCool wrote:
The issue still persists here as well. Today I updated to BIOS 0902 and I did the test again.

Cold booted to Win10 and then I switched between 2 Speakers and Headphone. It does work within the first minute after the reboot (switched about 10 times back and forth) but then the crash happens again. Seems like something is loaded then that causes some kind of interference. I am still tempted to claim that it is related to the nVidia Graphics driver somehow.

Please keep us updated on the progress of the investigation. I can also provide logs or dumps if you like.

Yep also have Nvidia card using latest drivers. I'm wondering if anyone has an issue with an AMD card.

Today I reinstalled my computer (complete wipe of the disk) and wanted to check if this would resolve the issue. It did not! Clean Win 10 Pro x64, all drivers (except Essence) installed via Windows Update. Tried the Asus drivers and they failed during the signature check. Disabled driver signature validation and the computer continues to crash during the installation. Also Unixonar dose not work. With my old installation, I was eventually able to install the drivers somehow (1 out of 10 tries it usually worked) but now I don't get any driver installed anymore.

@ASUS
I cannot describe how disappointed I am about you not being able to fix such a severe issue for one of your premium products! I offered further information several times but to me it looks like you are just not interested at all in resolving this problem.

AtlasMinor
Level 8
VB an a (ton) of Dll's are totally located in wrong places, verified by Support Microsoft Forums,

Your drivers, all of them, are probably installing the nessary components, but the Creators Editon, ( including the Fall Update) Have yet to correct the pending problems, they also wanted to (_OUT) older features, so even when corrected, with a intensivsly time wasting troubleshooting sesion, soon as connected to updates , will download using background services re-re-arranging and producing Not-Cofigured Correctly errors ONTOP of the already re-cofigered fixs / Feature packages,. Its a great big mess, with no way to cleanup

Trust me when i say, your drivers and software are perfect, its 1703' Strong Arming of Feature Removals that is producing yours and everyones elses problems. You can Strong Arm your software back onto your system, but that requires alot of work in locked area's of the OS, that was intentional .... Do hope you find some help from my comment, i went a whole other route and tricked the OS into sitting and installing by itself, that OR

yur other option is to PE your own environement using PXE and a offline PC, it was named Creators edition after and first time allowing custom ISO's, even though people have been doing that before now.

AtlasMinor wrote:
VB an a (ton) of Dll's are totally located in wrong places, verified by Support Microsoft Forums,

Your drivers, all of them, are probably installing the nessary components, but the Creators Editon, ( including the Fall Update) Have yet to correct the pending problems, they also wanted to (_OUT) older features, so even when corrected, with a intensivsly time wasting troubleshooting sesion, soon as connected to updates , will download using background services re-re-arranging and producing Not-Cofigured Correctly errors ONTOP of the already re-cofigered fixs / Feature packages,. Its a great big mess, with no way to cleanup

Trust me when i say, your drivers and software are perfect, its 1703' Strong Arming of Feature Removals that is producing yours and everyones elses problems. You can Strong Arm your software back onto your system, but that requires alot of work in locked area's of the OS, that was intentional .... Do hope you find some help from my comment, i went a whole other route and tricked the OS into sitting and installing by itself, that OR

yur other option is to PE your own environement using PXE and a offline PC, it was named Creators edition after and first time allowing custom ISO's, even though people have been doing that before now.

It could be 1703 for some issues but not all issues. I have two computers exactly the same build of Windows one Intel one Ryzen Intel works without issues no problem installing drivers or any random reboots in over a year. Ryzen installed correctly but suffers from random reboots but overall works.

Anyone having issues i would try and install the third party drivers "http://maxedtech.com/asus-xonar-unified-drivers/" just disable signatures then install. I'm currently running the STX II third party driver. Yes still getting random reboots but overall works good .