cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[URGENT SUPPORT REQUIRED] PC reboot when installing driver of ESSENCE STX II

paulguru
Level 7
Hi guy

I change my PC with an Asus X370 Pro + Ryzen 1700x.
PC run great, but i cant use my Asus Essence STX II, i pluged it and into devices manager i can see it, but when i try to install the drivers or try to update the driver the PC reboot automatically without reason.

What is this ?

- I tryed to remove and reinstall the card into the PCI-ex
- I checked if the power cable was correctly plugged
- I tryed to format the Windows and try to install Essence driver first at all but same problem ..... i run the setup of driver and .... instant restart !
-If i go into devices manager and try to install driver manually, same thing.

HELP PLEASE !
155 REPLIES 155

Bill@Asus? Hello? Anyone?

22 days have past since you said anything... 7 months have passed since this thread was opened...

Are we ever going to see this issue fixed?

This is just stupid...

Does anyone know where to file complaints at Asus.com?

OK, I'm done with you ASUS! I switched to an external headphone amp now. I am going to sell my STX II along with my Prime X370 Pro. Never expected this to happen, but after more than 20 years buying and using ASUS components, I will never again spend a single cent for any of your products and be sure that I'll share my experiences with the people surrounding me. Fortunately, there are alternatives available. :cool:

What's left to say is that this is the worst support experience I ever made. I could never have imagined the way how you treat your loyal customers (of top of the line products) and I can only hope that the guys facing this issue will follow my approach.

Bill
Level 7
Hello all
I'm sorry for the late reply
We have already reported this issue to AMD
Currently we are still working with AMD to resolve this
New versions with fixes will be available on our website as soon as we resolve this issue
Thank you

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello all
I'm sorry for the late reply
We have already reported this issue to AMD
Currently we are still working with AMD to resolve this
New versions with fixes will be available on our website as soon as we resolve this issue
Thank you

Can we at least know what was the issue in the first place?
Do we have an ETA?

New versions of what? Bios? Sound card drivers?

Thanks

harblkips
Level 7
Stumbled upon this thread and thought I'd add to it:

I have the same issue with the sound card rebooting my computer. Reboots when trying to install ASUS drivers, if i get them installed, reboots also when switching between headphone/speaker outputs, or when using a program such as discord. I've had this issue for months now, and I even had the sound card RMA'd, but it still happens.

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR VI HERO, BIOS 3008
Sound Card: ASUS Essence STX II
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580

I've cleared the cmos, flashed many different bios versions, disabled onboard audio, tried a new PSU, multiple gpu configs (nVidia --> AMD), reinstalled Windows, reinstalled drivers, tried the unofficial drivers, nothing seems to stop the reboots.

I can provide more info, or try config changes if needed. Would like the reboots to go away.

harblkips wrote:
Stumbled upon this thread and thought I'd add to it:

I have the same issue with the sound card rebooting my computer. Reboots when trying to install ASUS drivers, if i get them installed, reboots also when switching between headphone/speaker outputs, or when using a program such as discord. I've had this issue for months now, and I even had the sound card RMA'd, but it still happens.

Specs:
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1700X
MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR VI HERO, BIOS 3008
Sound Card: ASUS Essence STX II
GPU: AMD Radeon RX 580

I've cleared the cmos, flashed many different bios versions, disabled onboard audio, tried a new PSU, multiple gpu configs (nVidia --> AMD), reinstalled Windows, reinstalled drivers, tried the unofficial drivers, nothing seems to stop the reboots.

I can provide more info, or try config changes if needed. Would like the reboots to go away.

Hello and welcome harblkips 🙂

Hang on tight 🙂

We'll be waiting for a long time 🙂

Just check the time Asus takes to respond and the date on wich this thread was created!

But welcome brother, i feel you 🙂

Any update on this?

This is feeling really silly Asus...

We can't wait forever for a solution on a PREMIUM PRODUCT...

COME ON!

Ryzen 1800x
Crosshair VI Extreme X370
32gb Trident Z RGB
Samsung 960 1TB Pro

Asus Essence STX II dont work. i deaktived the onboard sound and Work Fine.

Glasofruix
Level 8
Yes yes, you can, and then a asus rep will tell you that your product is eol. Like they did with the phoebus.