cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[URGENT SUPPORT REQUIRED] PC reboot when installing driver of ESSENCE STX II

paulguru
Level 7
Hi guy

I change my PC with an Asus X370 Pro + Ryzen 1700x.
PC run great, but i cant use my Asus Essence STX II, i pluged it and into devices manager i can see it, but when i try to install the drivers or try to update the driver the PC reboot automatically without reason.

What is this ?

- I tryed to remove and reinstall the card into the PCI-ex
- I checked if the power cable was correctly plugged
- I tryed to format the Windows and try to install Essence driver first at all but same problem ..... i run the setup of driver and .... instant restart !
-If i go into devices manager and try to install driver manually, same thing.

HELP PLEASE !
155 REPLIES 155

elmor wrote:
We have been unable to replicate so far, will keep at it. Can I get a summary of which Win10 version and driver you guys are on? For replication, we used Win10 1709 + driver V8.1.11.5

You didn't have an issue prior to updating? If so, which version did you update from?

I'm on windows 1709 and stx 2 driver is version 8.1.11.5! I had no issues with bios version 1001 when I enabled the DOCP profile of my ram CORSAIR VENGENCE LPX 2X8GB 3000 Mhz. I used that configuration and had no reboots for about 3 weeks maybe more with normal use of my pc and many audio output changes during the day! Then in bios 3401 witch is the latest, first of all when I enable DOCP pc some times fails to boot (because of ram not soundcard) but when it boots with DOCP enabled I still get reboots when I change audio outputs occasionally.

elmor wrote:
We have been unable to replicate so far, will keep at it. Can I get a summary of which Win10 version and driver you guys are on? For replication, we used Win10 1709 + driver V8.1.11.5

You didn't have an issue prior to updating? If so, which version did you update from?

Windows 10 1709 64 bits

Drivers:
STX II Driver: 8.1.11.5
AMD Chipset Driver: 17.40
Nvidia Driver: 388.59
Samsung NVMe driver: 2.3

Build:
Crosshair 6 hero rev 1.03 @ 3008 bios
Corsair AX1200i
AMD Ryzen 1800x @ 3.9 (both cpu power connectors 2x4 + 1x4 connected)
Gskill 2 x 8GB Trident Z RGB 3600cl16@ 3333cl14
Samsung 960 pro 512gb m.2. (boot drive)
Samsung 850 pro 512gb sata
Western Digital 1TB Blue sata
Asus Strix GTX 1080TI OC
Asus Essence STX II
Corsair H115i (I do have corsair link installed but i don't use it nor have it running, i only use it to set the pump speed)

It happens with bios default settings too.

I just don't know which component is causing this...

All Windows versions that I had in this pc had this issue (1607, 1703 and 1709)

Any tips @elmor?
Could it be the cpu?

Let me know if I can assist in any sort of testing, debugging, etc. I'll be more than happy to provide any kind of feedback / help.
Here is a link for 4 more dmp files (zipped):

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1fxa3L94oNfrIv3c8J_E2qfhdQ-0TjuUV

All of them look the same but I share them with you anyway

Thanks

PeZzy
Level 7
Be aware that the UNi-Xonar drivers offer different configuration options during install - it is best to start with the minimal install (C-Panel only).

The full install and the Asus install drops additional components into your System folder which can react to your anti-malware programs and in some cases be identified as rogue software.

Check running processes and make sure these are not running on your system...

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\HsMgr.exe
C:\Windows\System\HsMgr64.exe

If so, kill them and then test your system.

PeZzy wrote:
Be aware that the UNi-Xonar drivers offer different configuration options during install - it is best to start with the minimal install (C-Panel only).

The full install and the Asus install drops additional components into your System folder which can react to your anti-malware programs and in some cases be identified as rogue software.

Check running processes and make sure these are not running on your system...

C:\Windows\SysWOW64\HsMgr.exe
C:\Windows\System\HsMgr64.exe

If so, kill them and then test your system.

What are you talking about?

meinemitternacht wrote:
What are you talking about?

Title of thread is "[URGENT SUPPORT REQUIRED] PC REBOOT WHEN INSTALLING DRIVER OF ESSENCE STX II"

PeZzy wrote:
Title of thread is "[URGENT SUPPORT REQUIRED] PC REBOOT WHEN INSTALLING DRIVER OF ESSENCE STX II"

I don't think that troubleshooting path is related to this issue, because even if the exact same driver installation steps are followed between a Ryzen and non-Ryzen setup, the Ryzen one will encounter the reboot issue. Additionally, the restarts happen even if you aren't actually installing the driver; I have never encountered them at that point, rather, it's always when I switch from headphones to speakers, or switch the input source.

meinemitternacht wrote:
I don't think that troubleshooting path is related to this issue, because even if the exact same driver installation steps are followed between a Ryzen and non-Ryzen setup, the Ryzen one will encounter the reboot issue. Additionally, the restarts happen even if you aren't actually installing the driver; I have never encountered them at that point, rather, it's always when I switch from headphones to speakers, or switch the input source.

I was led here by this post http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread/31170#post_26492822 and the poster said he had the same problem on an Intel system.

Eleiyas
Level 10
Well, judging by what was said on the first page, it seems to be an issue between the nVidia cards and the sound card.

Anyone here with an AMD VGA who has the same issue?

Eleiyas wrote:
Well, judging by what was said on the first page, it seems to be an issue between the nVidia cards and the sound card.

Anyone here with an AMD VGA who has the same issue?

As I mentioned many times I use the AMD R9 280x gpu... And yes I have the issue! Also I also used the card on my previous build along with an Nvidia 750 ti.I used windows 7 and then upgraded to windows 10 with that build and i had no issue! So i don't thinks its gpu drivers issue or windows 10 issue! For me, It all started with the new ASUS b350f motherboard and the Ryzen 1600x cpu! I had 0 problems for more than a year with the stx 2! And as soon as i upgraded to ryzen platform I feel lucky when I change audio output and my system doesn't crash 😞

Raja
Level 13
If anyone else can share details on which PCIE slot the card is plugged into, we'd appreciate it!