cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[URGENT SUPPORT REQUIRED] PC reboot when installing driver of ESSENCE STX II

paulguru
Level 7
Hi guy

I change my PC with an Asus X370 Pro + Ryzen 1700x.
PC run great, but i cant use my Asus Essence STX II, i pluged it and into devices manager i can see it, but when i try to install the drivers or try to update the driver the PC reboot automatically without reason.

What is this ?

- I tryed to remove and reinstall the card into the PCI-ex
- I checked if the power cable was correctly plugged
- I tryed to format the Windows and try to install Essence driver first at all but same problem ..... i run the setup of driver and .... instant restart !
-If i go into devices manager and try to install driver manually, same thing.

HELP PLEASE !
155 REPLIES 155

Bahz wrote:
Our team was able to replicate this issue and found a simple fix for this, please see below:
1) Update BIOS to latest version
2) Reset BIOS settings to default and save

Please let me know if this helped resolve the issue for you.

Wowowowow thanks so much Bahz ❤️

Here's what I did (starting without the Essence STX II in my pc): Updated my B350 Prime to BIOS 0806, reset all BIOS settings to default, booted Windows, shut down Windows, installed STX II to pcie slot, booted Windows, installed drivers, everything working fine. Switched several times between headphones and speakers just to be sure. No problems whatsoever. Went into BIOS to change my settings (turn off on board audio, set ram timings and so on) and the card still works perfectly fine. 😄

Thanks again for the help.

Bahz
Level 12
Glad to hear the issue is resolved for you and thanks for sharing what steps you took to fix the issue. Thanks.

I am having the same issue with Crosshair VI Hero.

I have tried updating to the latest bios revision available (1501) resetting bios to its defaults values and saving.

I can't install the drivers... in the driver's installation process, the moment the sound card "clicks" the screen goes black and the system restarts...

I have been struggling with this for a long time now... at first I tought it was driver related, but no.

Can anyone help me please?

So i am starting to understand... It boots fine if I'm using bios defaults but the moment i set my settings (3.9ghz cpu and 3333mhz memory) it starts not booting again.

Is this agesa related? Is this cpu related? Motherboard related?

Is there anyone able to help?

Does it make sense to sacrifice performance in order to use expensive quality hardware?

I just upgraded the bios to the latest release (1602) and the problem is still there.

Cmon Asus...

AmxdPt wrote:
So i am starting to understand... It boots fine if I'm using bios defaults but the moment i set my settings (3.9ghz cpu and 3333mhz memory) it starts not booting again.

Does it make sense to sacrifice performance in order to use expensive quality hardware?

I just upgraded the bios to the latest release (1602) and the problem is still there.

Cmon Asus...

I'll report this issue over to our team and have them look into this more, I'll update again once they get back to me.

AmxdPt wrote:

Cmon Asus...

Can you please share the CPU and memory kit info that you're using with this board?

Bahz wrote:
Can you please share the CPU and memory kit info that you're using with this board?

My system is:
Windows 10 Creators Edition (1703)
Crosshair VI Hero @ 1602
Ryzen 7 1800X @ 3.9 and Auto Voltage
2x 8GB GSKILL Trident Z RGB 3600CL16 @ 3333CL14 at 1.4v (https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3600c16d-16gtzr)
Corsair AX1200i
2x Asus ROG MATRIX 980
Asus Essence STX II
Samsung Pro 960 PRO 512GB

Here is a link to a photo of my build:
http://cdn.overclock.net/f/f7/f7f02743_IMG_20170915_225604.jpeg

Here is a link to a stability test with 1150+% with mem test:
http://cdn.overclock.net/2/2a/2a2467a8_3.9_3333.PNG

In that image you have all the timmings I am using,
CPUZ information for both cpu and memory info.

I should say that, after resetting bios to its defaults I was able to install the drivers. (3.6Ghz on the cpu and 2133mhz on the memory).

After re-applying my settings it is again failing to boot to windows 20 to 30% of the times. (when the sound card "clicks").
let me know if you need anything else,

Thanks

And I've got some more info!

So I decided to start fresh...

- Cleared CMOS on the motherboard
- Reflashed 1602
- Cleared CMOS again
- Applyed the default bios settings
- Disabled on board audio
- Installed a fresh copy of windows
- Tried installing the drivers (Asus's ones from Asus website) and the issue is still there.

Starting to think that this is really a driver issue.

I'd bet on it!

I'll be temporarly using the on board sound card...

AmxdPt wrote:
And I've got some more info!

So I decided to start fresh...

- Cleared CMOS on the motherboard
- Reflashed 1602
- Cleared CMOS again
- Applyed the default bios settings
- Disabled on board audio
- Installed a fresh copy of windows
- Tried installing the drivers (Asus's ones from Asus website) and the issue is still there.

Starting to think that this is really a driver issue.

I'd bet on it!

I'll be temporarly using the on board sound card...

Our team put together a system with the same specs and couldn't replicate this issue, they recommended that you remove the card then remove the OC in BIOS then revert to default settings and then put back in the card.

Bahz wrote:
Our team put together a system with the same specs and couldn't replicate this issue, they recommended that you remove the card then remove the OC in BIOS then revert to default settings and then put back in the card.

I'll give it a try,
Thanks