cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[URGENT SUPPORT REQUIRED] PC reboot when installing driver of ESSENCE STX II

paulguru
Level 7
Hi guy

I change my PC with an Asus X370 Pro + Ryzen 1700x.
PC run great, but i cant use my Asus Essence STX II, i pluged it and into devices manager i can see it, but when i try to install the drivers or try to update the driver the PC reboot automatically without reason.

What is this ?

- I tryed to remove and reinstall the card into the PCI-ex
- I checked if the power cable was correctly plugged
- I tryed to format the Windows and try to install Essence driver first at all but same problem ..... i run the setup of driver and .... instant restart !
-If i go into devices manager and try to install driver manually, same thing.

HELP PLEASE !
155 REPLIES 155

AmxdPt wrote:
I'll give it a try,
Thanks

Well it is booting,
Did your team try and switch from the headphones to speakers several times in Asus essence software within windows?

I can switch 5 to 7 times and then it just reboots.

But hey, at least it is working 🙂

AmxdPt wrote:
Well it is booting,
Did your team try and switch from the headphones to speakers several times in Asus essence software within windows?

Good to hear that your system is at least booting up now. I'll check with them if they tried doing that and if they experienced the same issue as you.

AmxdPt wrote:
Well it is booting,

Can you also provide us with the minidump file? You can find the minidump file at this directory location: C:\Windows\Minidump\Minidump.dmp

Thanks.

Bahz wrote:
Can you also provide us with the minidump file? You can find the minidump file at this directory location: C:\Windows\Minidump\Minidump.dmp

Thanks.

Yes I can,
I cleaned the minidump folder and made the issue happen again so the file would be clean for you guys.

I placed it on my google drive because i wasn't able to attach it here:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzoT2YDAY4LkYXpzNkRTMFF4SGc

Here is my system setup again:

Windows 10 Creators Edition (1703)
Crosshair VI Hero @ 1602
Ryzen 7 1800X @ 3.9 and Auto Voltage
2x 8GB GSKILL Trident Z RGB 3600CL16 @ 3333CL14 at 1.4v (https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3600c16d-16gtzr)
Corsair AX1200i
2x Asus ROG MATRIX 980
Asus Essence STX II
Samsung Pro 960 PRO 512GB

Let me know if you need something else!

Any news on this?

Thanks

Bahz
Level 12
Thanks for the information, I will pass it over to our team.

Bahz wrote:
Thanks for the information, I will pass it over to our team.

No problem, just trying to help

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Hi AmxdPt,

From the minidump file, it would seem the issue is caused by the processor. Perhaps it is due to overclocking, please check if everything is fine when not overclocked. When you system is overclocked, there's no guarantee everything works properly.

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Hi AmxdPt,

From the minidump file, it would seem the issue is caused by the processor. Perhaps it is due to overclocking, please check if everything is fine when not overclocked. When you system is overclocked, there's no guarantee everything works properly.

I've seen it happen even without an overclock but I'll grab you another mini dump with bios default settings.

And quite frankly, this is the first time I have seen a pci-e component fail because of an overclock.

But I'll get you that mini dump

MasterC@ASUS wrote:
Hi AmxdPt,

Here I am again (as Promised),

Entered the bios and set the default settings (just to make sure)!

Ryzen 7 1800x a its default speed and voltage
DRAM at its default speed and voltages

And i have 2 links this time (a video just so you understand what is happening and the Mini Dump File):

Video:
https://photos.google.com/share/AF1QipNyO63bQkXeYYYlT9hW11SibYNAvlcnPr_oSlsX2u3L2f4yK1hj5ZahqKuKVbTY...

Check the clock speeds on both cpu and dram (the cpu-z instances).

Mini Dump File:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0BzoT2YDAY4LkOHNJSGNUdXBiOHc

It doesn't happen every time and here is what I have tried:

Tried removing the bottom graphics card and seating the sound card in the last pci-e slot and the issue is still there.

Don't know if it is bios related nor if it is CPU/AGESA related nor even driver related!

Getting tired of pc failing to boot because if this issue (yes, it sometimes fails on boot when activating the sound card).

Don't know how you guys plan on tackling this issue but cmon...

Here is my system setup again (this time without the OC):

Windows 10 Creators Edition (1703)
Crosshair VI Hero @ 1602 default settings
Ryzen 7 1800X @ Everything on AUTO
2x 8GB GSKILL Trident Z RGB 3600CL16 @ 2133 at AUTO Voltages (https://www.gskill.com/en/product/f4-3600c16d-16gtzr)
Corsair AX1200i
2x Asus ROG MATRIX 980
Asus Essence STX II
Samsung Pro 960 PRO 512GB

Let me know if you need something else!