cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trying to replicate my battlefield 3 xonar d2x settings on Phoebus

Thebigeasy77
Level 7
I am using roccat kaves 5.1 and had great set up just using rock settting in equalizer with xonar d2x but i have dont have this in phoebus panel, it sounds very muffled and too bassy hate too much bass, has anybody got suggestions for settings eg 192khz 24 bit, do i use dolby home theater ?
7 REPLIES 7

Tacoboy
Level 7
I would say to sell off the Roccat Kaves 5.1 and get normal stereo headphones and let the Phoebus handle the headphone surround sound.
Would you have a budget for new headphones?

Thebigeasy77
Level 7
I like my kaves, budget no prob, just dont understand why if can be so different. Why replicate surround with stereo hphones? I know a lot of gamers use these; Audio-Technica ATH-AD700X Audiophile Open-Air Headphones but want a mic and not sure of modmic quality http://www.modmic.com/

Glasofruix
Level 8
Kaves are fine for gaming, it's your 192khz setting that is breaking things, BF3 being only 48Khz (and in general, NOTHING plays at 192khz). Just use 24bits/48khz 5.1. And btw phoebus' handling of stereo headphones is a bit strange.

ganji
Level 13
The Roccat kaves are true 5.1 so using dolby won't help you.
I use the same headset which sounds great in Bf3, ingame you want to set the audio to home cinema.
Quality in windows i use the default 24bit,48000Hz(studio quality)
Here's a screenie of my equalizer but i'm using the onboard sound. With these settings i get to hear everything, footsteps and most importantly that bloody knife being pulled out lol. Dont use any EAX effects or similar though.

I hope this helps

Glasofruix
Level 8
I know it's a true 5.1, i have one. My comment was aimed at Tacoboy. Also, there's no EQ in phoebus' drivers, the only way to get an eq would be to use the dolby panel without the superfluous things like dialog enhancement, volume leveler and surround enhancers. You can also pare back the bass using flex bass.

ganji
Level 13
Okey dokey mate no worries!

Thebigeasy77
Level 7
Thanks for replies, thinking of returning them, tried all settings and mic tends to hiss and hum when entering a game, picks of the sound of my graphics card fan which is strange, no boost and levels low, my d2x back in at moment