cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Surround question

c300g97
Level 7
I have a quick question for Soar owners here, when using the virtual surround what settings in games should i use ? Because some games will let you select 7.1 output or maybe a generic "surround" , should i use these ? Also, do i have to disable in-game surround options (like 3D audio, HRTF simulation) ?
3 REPLIES 3

xeromist
I don't have the Soar but as someone who uses surround sound I generally try to select 5.1 because that is what I have. However it's probably going to vary by game. Some might have 7.1 or just stereo with some sort of simulated surround. In that case pick the 7.1 and let the hardware sort it out. As for surround enhancements, again it's going to vary by game but it seems to me that if you have a discrete multi-channel option then you shouldn't really need enhancements.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
An important question - how many speakers do you have connected?

c300g97 wrote:
I have a quick question for Soar owners here, when using the virtual surround what settings in games should i use ? Because some games will let you select 7.1 output or maybe a generic "surround" , should i use these ? Also, do i have to disable in-game surround options (like 3D audio, HRTF simulation) ?

MasterC@ROG wrote:
An important question - how many speakers do you have connected?

I mainly use a stereo headphone (Sennheiser GSP) , but i also have a very ancient 5.1 setup plugged in (it works) , but again i mainly use my headphones.
Also, a quick question, i have Dolby Access owned and working, i have tried to pair it with the Asus (on a FLAT profile and asus' surround disabled), and it seems to work, but the surround effect is worse than the Asus one, maybe enabling Dolby Access and using a FLAT profile is better for modern games?