cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix SOAR / XONAR Windows 11

Alex222
Level 9
Any ETA on STRIX Soar day 1 drivers for Windows 11? It's dropping Oct 5.

Similarly, has anyone tried Windows 11 dev builds and seen if the current Win10 drivers work?

https://www.asus.com/au/support/FAQ/1046453 - I know there is this page - any updates?

Thanks
54 REPLIES 54

MasterC@ROG wrote:
After installing Win 11 update 22H2, the issue should be resolved. From our end, there were no problems. Have you updated? If you have updated and still having an issue, provide your OS version and sound card driver version.

Installing 22H2 is not enough. Only after uninstalling and reinstalling the driver did the problem go away. After reinstalling the driver, I can confirm that it works.
94420 94421

Basic functions work. It's fine. But, if I understand correctly, no more updates to the sonic studio panel are planned?
1.1.23 latest version?
It was written in the FAQ that updates will be released one by one starting in August. Now that information has been removed.

ArmedAssault wrote:
Great news, friends. Apparently, Asus is still not going to release a new driver. The article about postponing the release to August was simply removed.
The problem allegedly resolved itself in 22H2. But nothing like that. I still can't switch between headphones and speakers without disabling the card in device manager.
Who made the bet that the asus will throw everyone with the driver, congratulations.

Doesn't work. Latest windows 11 update does nothing. Cannot install drivers as sound card not detected.

This may help - I had the same problem not being able to switch between speakers and headphones without either a reboot or manually unplugging each one everytime. I noticed this happened after an nvidia driver update, so I went into device manager and disabled Nvidia High Definition Audio and rebooted. Now I can switch between headphones and speakers seamlessly in Sonic Studio, just like under W10. Might work for some of you if you have Nvidia software installed.

W11 22H2 22621.232
When cleaning the registry with programs like wise registry cleaner or wise 365, the function of switching between headphones and speakers stops working again. Only reinstalling the driver helps. On W7\W10 there is no such problem.

Hi, the driver is working okay on my end with this windows 11 version, no headphone bug so far, but i also have an AMD GPU driver if that's of any help.
Also i have a quick question for Soar owners here, when using the virtual surround what settings in games should i use ? Because some games will let you select 7.1 output or maybe a generic "surround" , should i use these ? Also, do i have to disable in-game surround options (like 3D audio, HRTF simulation) ?

So i tried and did a full reinstall of 22H2 and it the Soar DLX worked for 2 days. Now the sound card is gone again.

raddragon wrote:
So i tried and did a full reinstall of 22H2 and it the Soar DLX worked for 2 days. Now the sound card is gone again.

in my experience, windows will usually install some other driver for the soar, and that will cause trouble.
Simply disable automatic driver updates with some software, i use display driver uninstaller for this task.
After try to reinstall the latest drivers.

After installing the Windows 11 22H2 update, I lost the ability to use the sound card remote control. The remote control turns on sometimes sometimes not. When it turns on, it does not respond to any buttons. I tried to reinstall the drivers but it didn't work. I have Win 10 on the second disk and everything works.

evilPL wrote:
After installing the Windows 11 22H2 update, I lost the ability to use the sound card remote control. The remote control turns on sometimes sometimes not. When it turns on, it does not respond to any buttons. I tried to reinstall the drivers but it didn't work. I have Win 10 on the second disk and everything works.

Confirm. I have the same problem. I don't know how to fix it.

Based on the event log, C:\Program Files\ASUSTeKcomputer.Inc\nhAsusStrix\UserInterface\nhAsusStrixsvc32.exe is causing a crash in library C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\ntdll.dll