cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strix SOAR / XONAR Windows 11

Alex222
Level 9
Any ETA on STRIX Soar day 1 drivers for Windows 11? It's dropping Oct 5.

Similarly, has anyone tried Windows 11 dev builds and seen if the current Win10 drivers work?

https://www.asus.com/au/support/FAQ/1046453 - I know there is this page - any updates?

Thanks
54 REPLIES 54

This is the most egregious case with drivers from Asus. For the past 7 months, I have to constantly suffer from switching headphones through the device manager. Sometimes this method does not work and you have to reinstall the driver. This irritates me terribly.

hoxlund
Level 9
asus dropped new info on windows 11 support today (may 5th). hinting at yet another delay in driver release. I opted out of using their cards. should read my final threat update on my windows 11 driver thread on this forum. should be next to this one.
Thermaltake Core X5 Snow Edition TG Case
Corsair RM1000 Power Supply
Asrock x570 Phantom Gaming X Mobo
AMD Ryzen 9 5950x CPU
Custom EK CPU Loop
Crucial 4x16GB DDR4 3600 Memory
Nvidia RTX 3090 FE Video Card

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
Sorry for the delay guys, development requires coworking with partners such as Microsoft, unfortunately progress is slower than anticipated due to COVID. Thanks for your patience.

Seriously? August? Need almost a year for one driver? And how did other manufacturers release drivers in the conditions of covid-19? The same Realtek or Creative. And apparently in August we will get a release postponement to November. And celebrate 1 year without drivers.

March -> May -> August > ??

Hopeless. Honestly at this point I think ASRock have decided it's cheaper to lose us as sound card customers than to develop new drivers for old products. I can't imagine sound cards being a big chunk of their revenue anyway.

Did a clean install of Windows 11 - the Windows 10 x64 drivers (1.1.22) work just fine under Windows 11 21H2!

This is for the STRIX SOAR product - not sure how it has been with other cards...

Alex222 wrote:
Ok, I may have been a little hard on ASUS.

Did a clean install of Windows 11 - the Windows 10 x64 drivers (1.1.22) work just fine under Windows 11!

This is for the STRIX SOAR product - not sure how it has been with other SKUs...

We have to do a clean install?

raddragon wrote:
We have to do a clean install?

Mine was after a clean install, yes.

Did a reset (settings > system > recovery > reset this PC > delete all files).

Note that the Windows version they quote in their FAQs, 22H2, likely won't be out for general release to the public until October. BUT, I am running 22H1 and the Win10 drivers work just fine.

I did make sure to disable the motherboard onboard sound in the BIOS before the STRIX software (x64 1.1.22) installation - that may be something worth trying.

Great news, friends. Apparently, Asus is still not going to release a new driver. The article about postponing the release to August was simply removed.
The problem allegedly resolved itself in 22H2. But nothing like that. I still can't switch between headphones and speakers without disabling the card in device manager.
Who made the bet that the asus will throw everyone with the driver, congratulations.

After installing Win 11 update 22H2, the issue should be resolved. From our end, there were no problems. Have you updated? If you have updated and still having an issue, provide your OS version and sound card driver version.

ArmedAssault wrote:
Great news, friends. Apparently, Asus is still not going to release a new driver. The article about postponing the release to August was simply removed.
The problem allegedly resolved itself in 22H2. But nothing like that. I still can't switch between headphones and speakers without disabling the card in device manager.
Who made the bet that the asus will throw everyone with the driver, congratulations.