cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STRIX SOAR problem

SeBo1020
Level 9
I have a STRIX SOAR , a few days ago I downloaded driver updates for W10 64Bit "Strix_Setup_1.1.13 WHQL Driver" from 2017/07/27, Now I noticed that the rear right speaker does not work properly..... sound is extremely subdued, I have already checked the speakers they're ok, does anyone have a similar problem to me and has a solution?
5 REPLIES 5

Bill
Level 7
Hello SeBo1020
Have you tried removing the driver and installing it again?
Only the rear right speaker is having issue?
Thank you

Bill@ASUS wrote:
Hello SeBo1020
Have you tried removing the driver and installing it again?
Only the rear right speaker is having issue?
Thank you

I tried reinstall drivers but it does not help,
Yes only the rear right speaker does not work properly

Bahz
Level 12
I'm assuming you have speakers connected to the SOAR? The first thing to inspect are the wires as damaged wires can cause something like this. What kind of connection are you using?

Ok I finally had time to test card and speakers on another PC (W764Bit), I noticed that the card works seamlessly, so immediately I started to install clean system (W1064Bit). After installing new OS (W1064Bit) and drivers (Strix_Setup_1.1.13 WHQL Driver from 2017/07/27 ) everything now works 100% OK.

SeBo1020 wrote:
Ok I finally had time to test card and speakers on another PC (W764Bit), I noticed that the card works seamlessly, so immediately I started to install clean system (W1064Bit). After installing new OS (W1064Bit) and drivers (Strix_Setup_1.1.13 WHQL Driver from 2017/07/27 ) everything now works 100% OK.

That's great to hear that it's not working fine for you, so in the end it was just probably a complicated driver/registry issue which required fresh install to fix.