cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SPDIF Issues

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
Hey Guys,

So I turned my computer on this morning and now for some odd reason my Phoebus won't detect my 3.5mm jacks from my speakers although it will accept those from its own headphone thing. After fighting with it for a bit and even putting it into a new PCI slot they still didn't work so I have switched over to an optical cable with SPDIF. Now I have 2 issues here 1 when I bump the Sample Rate up to 192khz I get no sound at all. When I put it down to 176.4 its choppy and distorted so 96khz is the highest I can get some decent sound Is there any reason for this? Also when I play things they only come out my front speakers and ignore the rest unlike when using the jacks all 5 of my speakers work and my sub. Now I am using a 5.1 setup with Logitech Z5500s so its rather annoying to only be using a stereo setup with these so is there a way I can configure it to do so? Or do you have any advice to get my jacks working?
10 REPLIES 10

Myk_SilentShado
Level 15
Actually mate, I have the same damn problem. I just thought it was my 10 yr old speakers crapping out on me lol. For some reason every now and then, my sound output goes from 5.1 to stereo....all I do is remove one of the plugs from it's jack and plug it back in...usually kicks it back in the pants....or i have to take them out one at a time and put back in...weird

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
Your doing better than me Myk :). My jacks don't get recognised at all. When I go into windows to set my default audio device it says they are not connected when they clearly are for, I'll try putting them in in a different order doubt it will make a difference but it could just be one of those freak things that make no sense lol. Using Dolby Prologic I have got my SPDIF working as 5.1 well software 5.1 anyway lol

Same here. SPDIF = Dolby Digital Live.
Each change in the sample rate makes it choppy and distorted.
I think that this is also a driver bug but only RAJA or someone other from ASUS can answer this.

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
Well hopefully one of those guys will stick their head in here soon and help us out.

Raja
Level 13
Same drill as before. Fill out a bug report form and email them in and also contact local ASUS Support and raise a support ticket guys.

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
No worries thanks Raja 🙂

Raja
Level 13
Cool thanks. Its just how the support mech works. I can point HQ at these threads but they will still ask for full system specifics and a comprehensive report of the issue.

Silver_Wolf
Level 10
Yeh fair enough :). Could I ask you a favor and to link me to the bug report form and where to email to? Then i will get it sorted from there as I seem to be a bit derpy today and cant find it lol XD.

Raja
Level 13
The bug report form is a sticky thread within the Xonar subforum - you can't miss it. The email address is linked there, too.