cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound card not recognized

zorlack
Level 7
Light is on but nobody home. I changed the sound cards to different PCI slots but it still doesn't recognize the sound card. Every time I put the driver in it says the sound card is not in. The light for the sound card is on. I am lost with this; I have a 1000 watt silent pro supply - mother board is cross hair V. I have one gigabyte ATI 6970. Hardrive is OCZ Revo Hybrid. That is connected in one of the PCIE connections. Corsair 1600 Ram. As far as I am concerned, I am going to reconnect my sound blaster titanium. Please do not ask me to refresh my OS Win 7. I think that the driver and program does not meet with my standard and I believe the sound blaster program is far superior. It seems that I have to RMA this product.
8 REPLIES 8

Dark
Level 9
Ok b4 you RMA did you try the card on a other pc. If no you should do this b4 RMA'ing it as maybe your mb n nott card
motherboard ASUS Crosshair V Formula
PSU Fractal Design Newton R2 1000W
MemoryRipjaws 16 GB
CaseArmor Mx
CPUAMD Bulldozer FX-8120 8 Core 3.10GHz

Clocked to 4.5GHz

Im a girl 🙂 so be nice as i bite

Raja
Level 13
zorlack wrote:
Light is on but nobody home. I changed the sound cards to different PCI slots but it still doesn't recognize the sound card. Every time I put the driver in it says the sound card is not in. The light for the sound card is on. I am lost with this; I have a 1000 watt silent pro supply - mother board is cross hair V. I have one gigabyte ATI 6970. Hardrive is OCZ Revo Hybrid. That is connected in one of the PCIE connections. Corsair 1600 Ram. As far as I am concerned, I am going to reconnect my sound blaster titanium. Please do not ask me to refresh my OS Win 7. I think that the driver and program does not meet with my standard and I believe the sound blaster program is far superior. It seems that I have to RMA this product.

A few things:

1) Check the 6 pin power connector is firmly seated to the card. That's the only time I see users having issues like this.

2) Number two would be something you are not prepared to do.

Other than that there is nothing more anyone can do to help because you don't want to go any further debugging it.

-Raja

zorlack
Level 7
Raja .You are saying switch the six pin connector. I did that. When i put in the driver . Sound card not there. When I did update from ASUS web site. After the update nothing works. Only thing next to do try another PC. Had it working until the update. Reason for me doing this because my headset had to much noise. Just let you guys know ,if you do update for ATI audio screw up the driver for soundcard.

zorlack wrote:
Raja .You are saying switch the six pin connector..

I was just saying make sure it is seated properly. Should not matter which one you use, the soundcard needs auxiliary 12V power to function.

zorlack wrote:

Sound card not there. When I did update from ASUS web site. After the update nothing works.

Update for what exactly, the soundcard or something else? If the soundcard, uninstall the drivers completely and make sure there is nothing else sitting on the system. I think you have something sitting on the system from a previous install that is interfering with the installation. Again, this means debugging and that is something you have already expressed you do not wish to do, so I am at a loss for suggestions.

zorlack wrote:

Just let you guys know ,if you do update for ATI audio screw up the driver for soundcard.

Can you please clarify this statement, as it is worded very ambiguously so I cannot understand what you mean exactly.

-Raja

zorlack
Level 7
Raja .When i updated ATI vid card to 12.6 . Hdmi cut off the program for rog sound card. So i had go in the device manger and unstall Ati hdmi driver. Then rog card work. Going try to roll back to the date i had card working

zorlack wrote:
Raja .When i updated ATI vid card to 12.6 . Hdmi cut off the program for rog sound card. So i had go in the device manger and unstall Ati hdmi driver. Then rog card work. Going try to roll back to the date i had card working

If that's the case it is likely all that happened was that the HDMI output became default. All you need to do if this happens is right-click on the Phoebus output and set it to default in Control Panel>Sound Options and you can disable the HDMI output if you wish also by right clicking on it and selecting disable. This is down to Windows, not the Phoebus drivers.

zorlack
Level 7
Raja. Try everthing nothing happen. Put the sound card another pc . Does not recognized sound card. I guess its time to RMA.
Thanks for your help and other members

Something similar happened to me last night. Though it might not be related to your problem at all.

There was a power outage and when I turned my computer on the Driver would not detect my sound card.

So I uninstalled the driver. Windows installs the default HD Audio Device driver and sound works.

Reinstalled the 7.19 driver and it won't detect the Sound Card - Sound stops working.

Uninstalled 7.19, Windows 7 installs default driver, sound works again.

Random message showed dx9 error. So I reinstalled Dx9

Installed 7.20 Beta driver, all is well.

Not sure if the difference is re-installing dx9 or the beta driver, but the card is now working again.