cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Small Static sound at windows startup ( Xonar Phoebus )

Siamak8286
Level 7
Hi there Asus ROG members, happy new year.
I just received my Xonar Phoebus sound card and installed it right away using the latest drivers from support website, using windows 7 ultimate x64, everything works great but I have this small issue where every time I start the computer and windows 7 loading, right after the windows logo is loaded right before the welcome screen I hear this faint static sound, I tried every single PCI-E slot on the computer but the result is the same. I used to get the same thing with the in board audio of Rampage IV Black Edition. Just wondering if this is normal or not.
Again it's just a small static sound right before windows 7 welcome screen.
5 REPLIES 5

kkn
Level 14
it can be that the mobo switches on the card.
but IF you have the powercable close to the graphic card cables see if you can pull it away a bit and see if thats bether.
it can be static noise from them?
i have build up static noise at times ( using optics out ) but if its from the card or my home surround setup i dont know.

I haven't switched the power cable yet but I used to get this same quick static sound when I had the Sound Blaster Z on shut down as well as log on, but on Xonar Phoebus it only happens on logon, I just wanna know if anyone with phoebus or even a sound blaster gets the same static noise, as I mentioned I also get this with on board sound card and also used to get it when I had my old Maximus V Extreme.

kkn
Level 14
i dont get it whit my card.

chrispy03
Level 7
Hi Siamak,

I have the exact same issue with the static noise during star-up. Please let me know if you come across a solution.

Thank you

chrispy03 wrote:
Hi Siamak,

I have the exact same issue with the static noise during star-up. Please let me know if you come across a solution.

Thank you

Hi there, sorry but returned the sound card altogether, as it had too many issues in general and i didn't wanted to gamble with my $200