cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phoebus non beta drivers ETA?

Glasofruix
Level 8
THE big question:

When are we going to get (mostly) bug free non beta driver?

I've changed to asus in hopes of having a better software support than from creative, but it seems that asus is using the same tactic of "fire and forget", the beta driver has HUGE problems (and i've been using this card for less than a week) and is a few months old already. It would be great if asus had taken out the giant pole stuck in it's posterior and got some people to work on its hardware...
5 REPLIES 5

KILLER_K
Level 10
The card was suppose to be high-end. But in real life performance the ASUS DGX, DSX are about the same audio quality from it. The break out box seems to be the only thing it brings new to the table. The Asus ST/STX smokes this card in sound quality. But you do get the analog 5.1 straight out the back of the pheobus.

Rushed sound card with bad drivers. They should have tested the card more then what they did. Now the end-users have to tell them our problems and do their work for them. Highly disappointed in the sound card and price tag. Would have been nice to be able to update the op-amps on this card also.

Going to remove mine out the system and use onboard as it is close to the same with all the issues in this sound card. Thanks

{Edit} Went ahead and just did a copy and paste from my other post.

From what I have seen so far, Creative's driver support is actually better than ASUS, and that is pretty bad. I am actually thinking of switching back to Creative with their new cards coming out in December. The Phoebus was my first ASUS soundcard, and I have to say, although it sounds good, the SW is a horrible confusing mess.

Jandenengelsman
Level 7
Yeah.. its about time!! for Windows 8 it's already there.. Version 8.0.1.22 non beta..
Coolermaster HAF 922 | Corsair PSU Gaming GS800W | Asus Sabertooth X58 | i7 950 | Corsair Dominator 12GB(6x2) 1600 MHz DDR3 CL8 | 2x Corsair Force F120 120GB 2.5" SATA2 RAID 0 | ASUS ROG GeForce GTX580 Matrix | ASUS ROG Phoebus | Sennheiser PC360 G4ME | Logitech Z5500 5.1 | Logitech G500 | Logitech G19 | Acer GD245HQAbid@120Hz

Glasofruix
Level 8
I'm not even sure asus' people actually visit this forum...

Glasofruix
Level 8
ETA for next driver update is mid-late November 2012.

Freaking FINALLY!