cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phoebus and Windows 10 Preview

Florin
Level 7
I know it`s early to ask .. but is there any driver for windows 10 on the way ?

I mean the sound card works just fine in Windows 10 with 2 problems. You can`t install it directly trough the Setup since it will tell you the OS is not supported. You have to use Driver Update from Device Manager and point it to the installation folder. This means you have to manually start the Asus Phoebus App to control inputs. And the second is the Dolby Home Theather app that doesn`t work at all...

I know usually with a new OS if the driver is OK you can only change a line in the INF files to be accepted by the Setup.. but i have no idea where to look.

My system runs just fine Win 10 Preview except the Dolby app.. meaning you can`t use any equalizer.
i7-4790k + Corsair H80i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-X 4GB | Asus Xonar Phoebus + Audio Technica M50 | 1xSSD Corsair 120 GB | 4x1 TB Seagate HDD | Corsair CX750M | Corsair Carbide 300R | Razer Taipan + Logitech G11 | Windows 10 64bit
41 REPLIES 41

Florin
Level 7
The PSU is in my Sig Corsair CX 750M
i7-4790k + Corsair H80i | Asus Maximus VII Ranger | 16 GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1866 | Sapphire R9-290 OC Vapor-X 4GB | Asus Xonar Phoebus + Audio Technica M50 | 1xSSD Corsair 120 GB | 4x1 TB Seagate HDD | Corsair CX750M | Corsair Carbide 300R | Razer Taipan + Logitech G11 | Windows 10 64bit

The latest version of the Phoebus drivers support windows 10: http://www.asus.com/au/Sound_Cards/ROG_Xonar_Phoebus/HelpDesk_Download/

Sorry for the necro, but this thread is the first thing that comes up when you google "ASUS Phoebus Windows 10", so I'm just doing the good Samaritan thing.

Forgotten how much better the Phoebus is with real drivers!

Cheers!

Kayar wrote:
The latest version of the Phoebus drivers support windows 10: http://www.asus.com/au/Sound_Cards/ROG_Xonar_Phoebus/HelpDesk_Download/

Sorry for the necro, but this thread is the first thing that comes up when you google "ASUS Phoebus Windows 10", so I'm just doing the good Samaritan thing.

Forgotten how much better the Phoebus is with real drivers!

Cheers!

And the latest driver also has broken DRM.
Have you tried it? I guess ASIO doesn't work as intended either.

is the rampage iv black edition discontinued ? I see a beta bios 801 2014/07/14 , win 10 message came up this morning on my win 8 pc telling me to reserve my free copy of 10 now
Asus Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7940X / Corsair H115i Pro / CORSAIR Vengeance RGB Pro 32GB (4 x 8GB) 3000MHz / EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 Ti FTW3 ELITE GAMING BLACK Edition / 2x Samsung 970 Pro NMVe 1GB / 4x Samsung 850 PRO - 2TB / Asus ROG Swift PG348Q / Corsair AX 1500i / Thermaltake View 71 RGB PC Case /Win 10 PRO x64

kylegorter
Level 7
So ive finally figured out an easier way. Instead of using the windows 8.1 driver i used windows 8. Never had to manually instal via Device Manager. Just use the installer. Installed perfectly fine and no glitches or bugs so far. App seems to work unlike OP's set of drivers. I use 64 just in case you didnt know. Good luck everyone. Hope this was useful.

Gheazu
Level 7
I agree with Florin i have a AUSU ROG G750JH i pay 1000£ for it and there is no windows 10 Drivers and some of windows 8 Drivers are missing this is really disturbing to see ASUS do not give a **** about new drivers and support, u get beater drivers support for a low cost laptop and u get 0 from asus GAMING branch. We shod all go get Dell they have best support ever and the price it is the same as ROG. We are gamers we look for the best and the new

Mineria
Level 7
Creative has this list when looking after release dates for Windows 10 drivers.
http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=126331

Why doesn't ASUS have such a list?

Mineria wrote:
Creative has this list when looking after release dates for Windows 10 drivers.
http://support.creative.com/kb/ShowArticle.aspx?sid=126331

Why doesn't ASUS have such a list?

Because ASUS forgot that they also make soundcards ...

Florin wrote:
Because ASUS forgot that they also make soundcards ...

Even worse, they forgot that they have customers, and they probably don't even care if their customers go for another brand. 😛

PeteCIS
Level 7
So... let's ignore the fact that many other manufacturers had drivers released prior to the final release versions of Windows 10. Let's also ignore those who said Windows 10 wasn't yet released and we should wait until it's released... Now, let's ask the real question.... Where are the drivers?

Windows 10 has been released. I have downloaded drivers for all my other components for Windows 10. The only one left is the Asus ROG Pheobus. This was not some cheap, run of the mill card. It was marketed as high end, but where's the high end support.