cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phoebus and the Logitech g930

Armadon
Level 7
I seem to not be able to use my g930 with the Phoebus sound card. I was wondering if it is because the headset is usb. When I click on sound options in windows I can see what is linked to the Phoebus and everything is except the g930. Just wondering if this is a known problem or is it just me.
3 REPLIES 3

thetruth1983
Level 7
Armadon wrote:
I seem to not be able to use my g930 with the Phoebus sound card. I was wondering if it is because the headset is usb. When I click on sound options in windows I can see what is linked to the Phoebus and everything is except the g930. Just wondering if this is a known problem or is it just me.

It's simply impossible. Both devices are independent of each other as the G930 uses it's own sound card. You will not be able to run the G930 off of the Phoebus.

Any recommendations for a good 7.1 headset that would work with card? Something below 200 dollars

Armadon wrote:
Any recommendations for a good 7.1 headset that would work with card? Something below 200 dollars

As far as I know there is only one headset on the market today that has support for true 7.1 surround and that is Razer Tiamat: http://www.razerzone.com/tiamat/en

Also remember that every headset that uses USB has a built-in soundcard, like thetruth1983 said. It just will not fit into the Phoebus since it only has 3.5mm jacks, like almost every other soundcard.