cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No bass?

Retired
Not applicable
So I just got my Razer Tiamat 7.1 and there appears to be absolutely no bass. I googled quite alot and according to Razer you have to "configure" the audio device to 7.1 in the sound device tab, but I cant configure the Xonar Phoebus. Dolby doesn't do much to increase bass either. How the hell do I get bass on this sound card :|?
21 REPLIES 21

Rog boards are real trash for audio mainly their sonic ****, prime motherboard has great audio quality and bass compared to rog series board wish i had eq options in realtek software itself

Glasofruix
Level 8
Flexbass > 80Hz cut-off > small speakers > bass boost less than 5 because higher values destroy the sound.

WTC
Level 7
I believe you'll need to turn on FlexBass in your case. The audio stream in Youtube video, like MP3, is stereo. The sound will come out of the front 2 channels. I would guess the front channel parts of your headset do not have the ability to output low frequency component in the audio stream. Someone needs to redirect the low frequency part to subwoofer channel, and that someone would be FlexBass. Go to the FlexBass page, enable it, and set all speakers to "small speaker" and try again. You can also try adjusting the cut-off frequency and bass level sliders for the best result. Hope this helps.

WTC wrote:
I believe you'll need to turn on FlexBass in your case. The audio stream in Youtube video, like MP3, is stereo. The sound will come out of the front 2 channels. I would guess the front channel parts of your headset do not have the ability to output low frequency component in the audio stream. Someone needs to redirect the low frequency part to subwoofer channel, and that someone would be FlexBass. Go to the FlexBass page, enable it, and set all speakers to "small speaker" and try again. You can also try adjusting the cut-off frequency and bass level sliders for the best result. Hope this helps.

Glasofruix wrote:
Flexbass > 80Hz cut-off > small speakers > bass boost less than 5 because higher values destroy the sound.

I fiddled a little with the settings and everything seems to be fine now! Thanks for the help :)!

WTC
Level 7
Glad to hear that it worked. Another thing, you won't need to set output sampling rate to 96K Hz. Since you're turning on FlexBass, it will, like all other DSP effects, down-sample the audio data to 44.1 or 48K Hz, do the process, then up-sample it back to 96K. This means that you won't get better audio quality by setting the sampling rate higher than 44.1 or 48K Hz.

Glasofruix
Level 8
Games and music are at 48KHz max anyways.

Cyrex23
Level 7
Sup guys, noob needing help 😞 i recently got the Asus Maximus V GENE IZ77 mother board and now i have the razer tiamat 7.1 but i also dont have any bass, i read threw this and i cant find any of these Flex bass settings or anything am i missing drivers or something?

WTC
Level 7
It's not Phoebus. I would guess it has similar functionality but it would not called "Flex Bass".

So I have the Xonar DX and the 7.1 Tiamats and I was having the same issue, after hours of mindless button pushing I decided to turn on the FlexBass in the Xonar DX audio center and it works amazingly now. There is kind of a hollow echo-y noise when I'm playing BF3 but I can live with that for now.

Voidedicon
Level 7
Rolfenstein wrote:
So I just got my Razer Tiamat 7.1 and there appears to be absolutely no bass. I googled quite alot and according to Razer you have to "configure" the audio device to 7.1 in the sound device tab, but I cant configure the Xonar Phoebus. Dolby doesn't do much to increase bass either. How the hell do I get bass on this sound card :|?

Depending on your sound card, I believe it is all located in one general location
For me I have a Realtek Built in Soundcard and this is how I fixed mine.

Start > Control Panel > Sound > [Right click on the device] -Properties > Go to [Enhancement] tab and turn on Bass Management > Then go to the [Levels] Tab > and there should be an option to play around with they Green, Black, Orange, Grey - In lines. (Note: They are default at 0)