cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No bass?

Retired
Not applicable
So I just got my Razer Tiamat 7.1 and there appears to be absolutely no bass. I googled quite alot and according to Razer you have to "configure" the audio device to 7.1 in the sound device tab, but I cant configure the Xonar Phoebus. Dolby doesn't do much to increase bass either. How the hell do I get bass on this sound card :|?
113,975 Views
21 REPLIES 21

thegovernment
Level 7
go into Dolby and manually adjust the EQ to your taste.

thegovernment wrote:
go into Dolby and manually adjust the EQ to your taste.



thegovernment, ha! You beat me to it...now they just need to fix the drivers.
Intel Core 3930K at 4.25GHz
Asus Rampage IV Extreme BIOS 1404
Crucial M4 SSD 256GB
EVGA GTX 570 SC 2-Way SLI @ 822/2000/1.038V 24/7 Drivers: WHQL 301.42
2 Caviar Black 1TB HDD
Asus XONAR Phoebus
Corsair H100 (p/p)
Corsair Vengance RAM 16GB @1600MHz
Enermax 1350W PSU
Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

Retired
Not applicable
thegovernment wrote:
go into Dolby and manually adjust the EQ to your taste.


Maybe I should've been more clear. What I meant by "Dolby doesn't do much to increase the bass either" is that EQing has next to no effect, even when pushing the lowest frequencies to max. The meter goes into red but barely any bass response, if any.

Retired
Not applicable
i had to enable flex bass 11 in the control panel too get any bass with flex bass 11 turned off the bass in useless .The equalizer doesn't do a thing to the bass nothing zilch i have the razor tiamat 7.1 as well.With flex bass 11 on you will defiantly hear it also i would like to see a bass and treble adjustment button in control panel that works in future drivers if that is possible .

Retired
Not applicable
smittie wrote:
i had to enable flex bass 11 in the control panel too get any bass with flex bass 11 turned off the bass in useless .The equalizer doesn't do a thing to the bass nothing zilch i have the razor tiamat 7.1 as well.With flex bass 11 on you will defiantly hear it also i would like to see a bass and treble adjustment button in control panel that works in future drivers if that is possible .


Flex bass? Where do you turn that on?

you will find it in the phebious control panel double click the tray icon right click on the speakers icon and its the 5 option on the list flex bass 11 .

XCC111
Level 7
Rolfenstein wrote:
So I just got my Razer Tiamat 7.1 and there appears to be absolutely no bass. I googled quite alot and according to Razer you have to "configure" the audio device to 7.1 in the sound device tab, but I cant configure the Xonar Phoebus. Dolby doesn't do much to increase bass either. How the hell do I get bass on this sound card :|?


I just bought the Razer Tiamat 7.1 and i discovered that i need a 7.1 sound card. So the next day i got an Asus Xonar DSX sound card and i put it in my comp, and plugged all the jacks in. I downloaded the latest drivers and rebooted my comp. So my problem is that my bass or subwoofer isn't working at all. Please help 😞

WTC
Level 7
What content are you playing for testing for bass? Mp3 or something with 5.1 or 7.1 channel audio stream? It might be helpful if you can post some screen-capture pictures showing your settings.

WTC wrote:
What content are you playing for testing for bass? Mp3 or something with 5.1 or 7.1 channel audio stream? It might be helpful if you can post some screen-capture pictures showing your settings.


I tested it by playing some youtube videos( ones were songs and others were just people talking) and there was no bass. I tried enabling FlexBass but then everything became super like muffled and bassy like (lol) no matter what i set the setting to. Oh and my settings on Main are the following:

Audio channel
8 Channels

Sample rate
PCM 96 KHz

Analog out
7.1 Speakers

SPDIF Out
Is disabled