cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Beta driver with Fixed pop-up error

Rewerend
Level 9
Hello please check Asus page for new Beta Audio driver for Windows 10 version 10.0.1.40
Notes: Fixed pop-up error msg in setting of win10.

http://www.asus.com/Sound-Cards/ROG_Xonar_Phoebus/HelpDesk_Download/

I have shortly used this new driver and it seems that pop up error is gone, please let here your post with experiences in use.
16 REPLIES 16

Rewerend wrote:
Don´t know about DDL issue. What have you beeen experiencing?
I can tunr on with no problems vie 5.1 speakers.

For skouras the solo Phoebus is the same HW for sure and you can use same drivers. Wierd think is why they did not upload new drivers to the Pohebus SOLO page...

In previos win10 beta drivers asus disabled DDL support. Is it enabled now?
______??????????????????????????___________??????????????????????????????_________

Glasofruix
Level 8
Those instructions do not "fix" anything, it's basically a way to bypass DRM, it works but all you get is stereo sound since surround requires the drm to be active. This bug exists since the card's release, it's been fixed at some point but came back as soon as asus updated the driver.

Same problem with DRM and Netflix. Watching movies on Netflix inside my browser works but using the Windows 10 app of Netflix fives me an error. I really want to use Netflix but without Dolby Home Theatre it is not a solution for me. And the problem is not new. It's known since many months but no one does something to fix it.

squallkae7 wrote:
Same problem with DRM and Netflix. Watching movies on Netflix inside my browser works but using the Windows 10 app of Netflix fives me an error. I really want to use Netflix but without Dolby Home Theatre it is not a solution for me. And the problem is not new. It's known since many months but no one does something to fix it.

Have you tested the later version 4.28 to see if it now works with the Netflix app?
http://dlcdnet.asus.com/pub/ASUS/Audio_Card/ROG_Xonar_Phoebus/Phoebus_4_28_win10-CR.rar?_ga=1.646830...

Unfortunately many Dolby fetaures including Home Theatre is no longer supported in Windows 10, so this feature will not be available for future versions as well.

Bahz wrote:

Unfortunately many Dolby fetaures including Home Theatre is no longer supported in Windows 10, so this feature will not be available for future versions as well.

I must say that is wrong because it used to work fine on my Win 10 until I had to reinstall drivers... And apparently it does work for many other users on this forum (so I don't understand why ASUS is denying it)...

Have a look here : https://blogs.windows.com/windowsexperience/2016/05/10/announcing-windows-10-insider-preview-build-1...

"We fixed an issue resulting in audio crashes for users who play audio to a receiver over S/PDIF or HDMI, and use a driver that supports real-time encoding via technologies like Dolby Digital Live or DTS Connect."

Does this mean Dolby Home Theater will work again under Windows 10?
Is ASUS willing to put back the DHT in the drivers if Microsoft fix its support?

Darats wrote:

Does this mean Dolby Home Theater will work again under Windows 10?
Is ASUS willing to put back the DHT in the drivers if Microsoft fix its support?

Nah, don't expect any real fixes from asus, in fact we'll be lucky if they don't remove any more features from the nex driver release...

Bahz
Level 12
DDL can't be enabled again, the feature is no longer supported on Winddows 10.