cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dolby headphone in Phoebus ??

appsmarsterx
Level 7
why Asus replaced Dolby headphone with Xear surround Headphone in Phoebus?? Xear surround option is just terrible with headphones ..absolutely terrible sounding .. and I cant even adjust the positioning of the speakers ? whats the point of these terrible Xear options in Phoebus ?? and why ASUS rely on Dolby Home Theater 4 on EQ and other main settings ?? without Dolby Home Theater 4 this card is just utter useless ...
15 REPLIES 15

WTC
Level 7
Dolby Headphone is still there. It's inside Dolby PCEEv4 (for Win7/8).

appsmarsterx
Level 7
how can u say it is the same Dolby Headphone ? cant even adjust the speaker positioning anymore ! if it is the Dolby headphone, why they need to bring such stupid option like Xear surround Headphone !???

WTC
Level 7
What do you mean by "adjust speaker positioning"? Is it a feature of Dolby Headphone or you're talking about something else?

appsmarsterx
Level 7
yes .. it is an option in Dolby Headphone

WTC
Level 7
That's called 7.1 Virtual Speaker Shifter, as being highlighted in the menu to the left. It's not part of Dolby Headphone. You'll get the effect with both 7.1 Virtual Speaker Shifter and Dolby Headphone turned on because 7.1 VSS will process the audio stream before DH.

Dolby PCEEv4 is the new version that combines Dolby Headphon, Dolby Virtual Speaker, and other stuff like ProLogic IIx maybe. I would imagine combining that with 7.1 VSS will create conflicts.

appsmarsterx
Level 7
ohh my bad I thought Speaker Shifter is part of the Dolby Headphone.

But how can u confirm Dolby headphone, Dolby Virtual Speaker and other Dolby technologies integrated with Dolby PCEEv4 ?? there is no official documentation about it...

WTC
Level 7

appsmarsterx
Level 7
I ve seen that before . but it doesn't say PCEEv4 surround virtualizer algorithms for headphones and speakers are the same as Dolby Virtual algorithms in Dolby headphone and Dolby Virtual Speaker..

WTC
Level 7
I guess only people from Dolby can answer that, although I wouldn't suspect otherwise.