cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

crackling. squeak. noise. strix raid pro

Jimmo4ka
Level 7
Just wanted to apologize for my bad English, since I do not speak this language, I have to use Google translator.

After the acquisition of the Asus Strix card, the raid pro, noticed that, with proper connection, it is possible to hear post-noise noise on the background.

While paging the pages in the browser is particularly audible.

But the noise in the games is especially unpleasant and loud.
The attachment contains a recording of noise when entering the game cs

I noticed that at the output of the headphones the noise is more proud than from the speakers, so temporarily changed them in places.

It's impossible to play.

The video card and sound card are connected through an extension razer, for this experiment: separated from each other and so on.

I also tried to connect equipment without extension cables - directly to PSI - without result.

The computer is connected through an uninterruptible device, so there should not be any problems with the ground.

In the evening I will try to connect the computer directly to the outlet and check the result.

Maybe someone has the same problem?

AUDIO
4 REPLIES 4

Jimmo4ka
Level 7
So. I connected a sound card with a separate power supply - the problem remained. Checked with a grounded outlet - the problem remained.
Finally decided to move the card again from the video card and found out that there really is a problem in this.

If you remove the sound card from the video card further away, the noise disappears.

Unfortunately, PSAI slots do not allow the cards to be separated from each other for a significant distance. Perhaps there is another way to stop the noise. Is contact isolation possible?

I had the same issue with interference from the GPU, creating a static, audible crackling noise whenever i was playing and exterting the GPU maximum. My fix to the problem was actually to UNTIGHTEN the screws attaching the Soundcard to the chassis -(internal backside of the chassis) This somehow reduced the interference and the problem was fixed nearly completely 🙂

Jimmo4ka wrote:
So. I connected a sound card with a separate power supply - the problem remained. Checked with a grounded outlet - the problem remained.
Finally decided to move the card again from the video card and found out that there really is a problem in this.

If you remove the sound card from the video card further away, the noise disappears.

Unfortunately, PSAI slots do not allow the cards to be separated from each other for a significant distance. Perhaps there is another way to stop the noise. Is contact isolation possible?

If your graphics card is causing interference, the simplest ways I'd suggest are:
- Distance the sound card (at least one PCIe slot in between).
- If that is not possible, try to implement some type of insulation (such as the backplate used on the Xonar AE for shielding) which has been proven to be effective.
Also make sure the jacks on the back are not making contact with the chassis after the card is secured.

unknownmiscrean
Level 8
I had exactly this issue. It was vrm noise from the cpu and Gpu being injected onto the signal and ground lines of all the audio jacks, on both the on board codec and on a strix soar. The noise only occurred with speakers that were properly earthed or powered by USB off the PC. I had it worse than most, as my stereo has a huge amount of gain, and a dynamic bass boost to equalize the subwoofer. I the end I built a specialized unit to filter out the noise using a differential amplifier. I can provide some details if you want, but it's fairly involved and does require a fair degree of electronics experience to get running properly.