cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BUG: Xonar Phoebus and Rapture 3D

Mineria
Level 7
Audio is missing when I play CodeMasters F1 RaceStars, Need for Speed HP and other games that make use require Rapture 3D.
I'm using rapture3d_2.5.1game and tried to use both the OpenAL driver that ships with the Phoebus driver as those that come with the games.
This is on Windows 8 x64 Pro.

Using the configuration tool for Rapture3D and testing the audio channels gives me sound, it just doesn't work in the games.
Regarding F1 RaceStars, the intro music is there, but straight after the intro video there is no sound anymore.
Really starting to regret for not buying a SoundBlaster instead.

EDITED

In games that crash or don't give any sound, disable GX, it is only for legacy games that make use of EAX.

Thanks to yogibuh for posting that info, especially because ASUS Support neither thought about this being the issue.

I forwarded the information and suggestion to changing the GX tooltip to support, this was handed on to HQ.
257 Views
6 REPLIES 6

izzyreb02
Level 9
When you say the drivers that ships with the Phebous, you mean the driver CD that comes with it or the updated drivers in the Asus website?

Did you uninstall any other sound card drivers before installing the Phebous drivers?

I personally don't use EX function on this sound card since well most other games don't all have EAX supported on them.

izzyreb02 wrote:
When you say the drivers that ships with the Phebous, you mean the driver CD that comes with it or the updated drivers in the Asus website?

Did you uninstall any other sound card drivers before installing the Phebous drivers?

I personally don't use EX function on this sound card since well most other games don't all have EAX supported on them.

There are no other soundcard drivers installed, and I tried both version of the drivers.
I'm not using EX either, the DOLBY mixer is so much better, tried to disable that too etc., but regardless, the soundcards driver seems to conflict with Blue Ripples Rapture 3D.

Hello,

try this:
go to control panel-> system-> advanced system settings->"advanced" tab-> environment variables "button"
Then just click on new (system variables) and fill variable with : "ALLOW_RESTRICTED_RAPTURE3D" and value with "1"

salut

yogibuh wrote:
Hello,

try this:
go to control panel-> system-> advanced system settings->"advanced" tab-> environment variables "button"
Then just click on new (system variables) and fill variable with : "ALLOW_RESTRICTED_RAPTURE3D" and value with "1"

salut


The step above doesn't fix the issue.

Cageymaru
Level 7
As a temporary fix uninstall the Asus drivers altogether and let it use the default windows drivers. See if you have sound then.

Cageymaru wrote:
As a temporary fix uninstall the Asus drivers altogether and let it use the default windows drivers. See if you have sound then.


That does indeed work as a temporary workaround, F1 RaceStart continues having sound after entering the races and does no longer crash while racing either.

I did check up on another game, Defiance, the game works now, before it would black screen when entering the game.

EDITED

In games that crash or don't give any sound, disable GX, it is only for legacy games that make use of EAX.

Thanks to yogibuh for posting that info, especially because ASUS Support neither thought about this being the issue.