cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

@ASUS, Xonar ROG Phoebus driver?

Lothos
Level 7
To whom it may concern at ASUS

I asked this question about 4 to 5 months ago. Is their a new driver coming? The answer back then was yes but we are now talking about almost a half a year later and still no driver. There are many issues that are not resolved under Windows 8.0 and I have not upgraded to Windows 8.1 out of fear it will make things worse.

Please, I would like to get some sort of ETA as I feel that it is getting to the point of no return on this equipment. I fear that I may have to ebay the item and buy a different card just so I can go to the new Windows OS. I really do not want to do that as I love ASUS. Most of the parts in my desktop are from ASUS and my laptop is an ASUS gaming laptop as well.

Please give me some idea so I can decide how to proceed.

Sincerely
Lothos
34 REPLIES 34

KILLER_K wrote:
I'm pretty sure you are talking to me about that when you comment. I honestly have no issue with you on this forum. But when Asus mods threaten people to silence them because they can't support a product when they claim to do so is pretty sad. Not to mention removing thread post and or moderating what I post now.

Think of it this way, no one would have anything to complain about if Asus actually did what it claimed to do and what we paid for when we bought the sound card. Plus it is one excuse after another about why no drivers is coming out. It just seems like Asus released a product with zero support and or something they can't honestly support or can't make proper drivers. This isn't what we paid for, we suppose to have bought a working product. Which since windows 8 Asus hasn't done. Just try to put your feet in our shoes as we spent the money on the item not you.

This is the last post about this none supported sound card. As nothing will help the matters here and it seems "ROG" forum wants to make it a biased forum now. If you have a problem with a item or don't agree, you either get a threatening pm and or a ban now. So I'm done wasting time on this. just sad to be let down by Asus like this. Again a lot if not most of this would have never happened if the product actually had support.

@ Lothos, We all been beta testing since the first release of the Windows 8 beta drivers came out. No need to sign up as that is what you been doing the whole time now.

Thanks

I understand your frustration but beating up Raja does not help the situation. You catch more beas with honey than vinegar!!! It is just like calling someone on the phone when you need support for something. If you are nice and respectful the person on the other end of the phone will (in most occasions) step up and try to honestly help you or put some preasure on someone who can help you. If you are rude on the phone with them and starting shouting hysterically all they will tell you is things will get done when they get done and then hang up the phone and take the next caller.

Believe me I am just as frustrated as you because I bought a Creative ZxR and have that in my PC right now and I put the Phoebus Xonar ROG in my daughters computer. My hope was at some point the drivers would get fixed and I could just flip the sounds cards back as hardware wise the Phoebus Xonar ROG is superior to the Creative Labs ZxR. BUT (and this is a big BUT) I am not beating Raja up here (or anyone else at ASUS) that represent a public figure for the developer team because they have no direct power to solve the problem. All I can hope is some of these individuals occasionally take an extra step and call the devs up and ask whats going on with this etc.... and use their power of pear preasure to see what motiviation they can instill into their fellow co-workers that are responsible. BUT do you honestly think Raja would be self motivated to take that extra step occasionally if people are beating him up daily for it? The answer is NO he would not. I know patience has run way thin and beyon thin but you are beating up the wrong person. If you want to try and beat up the right people you would have to find contact information for the complaints department of ASUS. You can even go as far as filling a complaint with your State Attorney Generals office (that gets a bit sticky cause then ASUS legal department would get involved). But beating up Raja is not a solution and nor would it help to achieve your goal.

Sincerely
Lothos

KILLER_K wrote:
I'm pretty sure you are talking to me about that when you comment.

As Praz noted above, you are wrong. Here is the comment I was referring to:

AVtemp wrote:
As for "support is for USA only"- it`s discrimination,customers is equal in their rights all over the world.

He was warned several times about playing these games - the last time he got a warning and a vacation for publicly calling me a liar. He also chose to breach a vacation by creating an account TempAV to circumvent it and later an account called Phoebus to get around an IP ban by using a proxy. The former is a ban-able offence, yet I gave him a free pass and he was warned to keep things on point. The passes ran out today.

As I said earlier, venting is fine, however, making it personal, or posting things in other people's threads repeatedly starts to wear thin after a while.

Glasofruix wrote:
There's that Raja guy around here who works for asus, but he's not much help since he's not directly responsible of anything hardware or software related, i trust him when he says he speaks to the dev team however (whether they listen to him or not, probabaly not). But then he keeps on insisting that we contact our local asus support concerning problems as if there was a magical barrier preventing him from helping people from other countries, nothing helps the problem solving more than a decentralised data gathering....

Local support can help you if your Phoebus has hardware malfunction.
But they can`t help you with buggy software.
Because they don`t produse any drivers and they dont have any clue about it.
As for RAJA, he knows more than he tells us,that`s for sure.
He`s in touch with developers and he tests soft by himself.
He don`t want to answer on inconvenient questions, he never did.
His job is to promote Phoebus by this forum, so don`t expect to get any help here.
It would me much easy to him if any dissapointed users went away from this forum.
As for "support is for USA only"- it`s discrimination,customers is equal in their rights all over the world.
We spent our money on this product and we demand proper product\service.

Glasofruix wrote:
There's that Raja guy around here who works for asus, but he's not much help since he's not directly responsible of anything hardware or software related, i trust him when he says he speaks to the dev team however (whether they listen to him or not, probabaly not). But then he keeps on insisting that we contact our local asus support concerning problems as if there was a magical barrier preventing him from helping people from other countries, nothing helps the problem solving more than a decentralised data gathering....

Let me tell you what the magical barrier is: I am employed by the US region to work only for the US region. The ASUS structure is segmented by region. That means EACH region is responsible for taking care of its customers. You might not like it, but that is the system and you need to work with it. All the info goes back to HQ. I am not going to start doing work that the support department of your region is set up to do. They have to report the bugs back as well as do hardware support.

If you have a complaint to make about it, take it up with your region and keep it at that level. Anything further aimed at me to cajole a response in order to suit your needs, the needs of others, or make things personal will get folks a vacation/ban.

I spend plenty of time going over an above behind the scenes, even when on leave like today.

Thank you
Raja

Raja@ASUS wrote:
Let me tell you what the magical barrier is: I am employed by the US region to work only for the US region. The ASUS structure is segmented by region. That means EACH region is responsible for taking care of its customers. You might not like it, but that is the system and you need to work with it. All the info goes back to HQ. I am not going to start doing work that the support department of your region is set up to do. They have to report the bugs back as well as do hardware support.

If you have a complaint to make about it, take it up with your region and keep it at that level. Anything further aimed at me to cajole a response in order to suit your needs, the needs of others, or make things personal will get folks a vacation/ban.

I spend plenty of time going over an above behind the scenes, even when on leave like today.

Thank you
Raja

There was nothing aimed personnally at you in my message i can assure you. As for the regional support i don't think they know other regions exist, last time i contacted mine they weren't certain if asus manufactured soundcards...

Cageymaru
Level 7
®aja says soon™.

🙂

Glasofruix
Level 8
for about 6 months now 😛

Operation_Nadet
Level 7
Battlefield 3 with Phoebus @ release = no go. The same again now with battlefield 4 and phoebus @ releaseday!
Mainboard:ASUS +6H
GPU: GTX 1080 Auros Gigabyte
CPU: R5 1600X stock
PSU: Be quiet straight power 10 500W
RAM: Trident Z DDR4 3600 @3,2 Ghz CL16

KILLER_K
Level 10
Hopefully Asus gets everyone a driver out soon and fixes all the issues. I can't really say anything else. I have been warned to not express my opinions or how I feel about the matter now. Don't want my post to be removed or banned. Good luck Everyone and hope you issues gets fixed.

Raja
Level 13
Just HQs schedule for testing and beta - they will decide when to release if it passes their tests.