cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus xonar phoebus

roughneck
Level 8
I installed this card and downloaded the latest software and drivers for it, and it gives an amazing sound. Also it has some nice features too, i like it very much.
6 REPLIES 6

KILLER_K
Level 10
Glad you are enjoying your none supported audio card. The rest of us it is a totally different story though.

Official/Unofficial? Beta Tester For The Asus ROG Pheobus Xonar 2012 - 2013

KILLER_K
Level 10
Amazing my post got deleted......

Glad that you are enjoying your sound card. But the other side of the story is the no driver support and all the other issues me and others have here. It could have been a great card. Now a 3rd of the warranty is gone just waiting for the drivers to be released. Sad to see this happen.

Hello,

i`m happy with my phoebus on edifier s550 rev2. No probs for my use in gaming, music and movies. I prefer this card even befor sb zxr. i gave zxr to my son. He is very happy with sb zxr.

salut

KILLER_K
Level 10
You do realize this sound card will not play protected audio right? Such as HULA, NETFLIX. X-Box, etc. The Sound Blaster ZxR does with no issues. Just kinda caught my attention as you stated you watched movies and said YOU had no issues.

yogibuh wrote:
Hello,

i`m happy with my phoebus on edifier s550 rev2. No probs for my use in gaming, music and movies. I prefer this card even befor sb zxr. i gave zxr to my son. He is very happy with sb zxr.

salut

KILLER_K wrote:
You do realize this sound card will not play protected audio right? Such as HULA, NETFLIX. X-Box, etc. The Sound Blaster ZxR does with no issues. Just kinda caught my attention as you stated you watched movies and said YOU had no issues.

i don`t use this stuff.

salut

Operation_Nadet
Level 7
The biggest problem was the BF3 and punkbuster issue. but the problem is fixed. i dont have any other problems with the phoebus. Used the phoebus under windows 7 64bit and now windows 8 64bit. i use onley headphoens.
Mainboard:ASUS +6H
GPU: GTX 1080 Auros Gigabyte
CPU: R5 1600X stock
PSU: Be quiet straight power 10 500W
RAM: Trident Z DDR4 3600 @3,2 Ghz CL16