cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix Soar NoT detected Cold BOOT

ROGItalia
Level 7
Hi all, as the title I have a problem with my sound card asus strix soar, when cold boot is not detected the card, you need a windows reboot to see the card.

Until last week everything was all right, suddenly it has this cold boot problem.
You hear the relay (click click) only on reboot, coem if the bios does not initialize the sound card, if I go on windows management devices marks the error 45 hw not inserted correctly, obviously disappears on reboot.

My motherboard is the ASUS HERO X z370 with a 8700k mounted.

I have owned the strix soar for two and a half years and never a problem.

What can it be? Quick start deactivated by both bios and windows.

Please help me

Excuse me for English, I'm Italian I helped with google translator
36 REPLIES 36

Any Fix for this?

ROGItalia wrote:
yes, problem, now it seems that as soon as you warm up after 5 minutes the PC detect the sound card, it's all very strange worked very well until last week

The problem is;
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?97249-Strix-SOAR-many-issues&p=707134#post707134

Same here since January. Super annoying. >:-/

Opribution wrote:
Same here since January. Super annoying. >:-/

I have the exact same problem too!

Still broken in the new windows 10 update (1903). :mad:

Ashika91 wrote:
Still broken in the new windows 10 update (1903). :mad:

I have this problem too. Help 😞

It seems like its after the Windows updates. Its liker Windows and Asus no longer recognise each other after an update. If i reset Operating system to factory Windows 10 defaults, its fine, when i update it to 1903 from factory defaults the Asus Strix PRo no longer detects. The sound card disappears in Device manager. So you cant install sound card drivers or Sonic Studio since the card is NO longer detected in Windows in Devcie Manager 10 AFTER a Windows 10 update from Microsoft. Be keen if this can be sorted, i really cant reset my Windows 10 PC everytime i just want to USE the sound card.

By the way i THINK its a CODE 10 issue. in Windows 10. Incompatible drivers or driver corruption. However i dont know why it would be a hardware failure since the sound cars WORKS 100% of the time after a Windows 10 factory reset, but after an update to Windows 10 1903, teh card no longer is detected in device manager. Im assuming everyone will tell me to do the same ol sht. Pull power plug, take CMOS battery out, change PCI slots. Ive done all that and reset windows 10, which is a real hassle. It works if i reset Windows 10. But after update 1903...no longer works.

McOrion
Level 7
PARTIAL SOLUTION FOUND

I have both drivers: (from official ASUS support page)
AsmediaUSB3.1_1.16.47.2_20170531
Strix_Setup_1.1.18_20170N1N[...]*

Every time a reboot kills my sound card I uninstall a driver, reboot, unistall the second one, reboot, reinstall the first, reboot, IT FINALLY SES MY SOUND CARD, reinstall the second, reboot.

It is strange to hear that mechanical switch on sound card, sometimes, is like a machine gun. There is some serious issue with power management of this card, under new Windows 10 versions.

Regards!
McOrion

*for some reason I can't paste/type number nine (numeric) on this editor, lol so I used N instead of number NINE

McOrion wrote:
PARTIAL SOLUTION FOUND

I have both drivers: (from official ASUS support page)
AsmediaUSB3.1_1.16.47.2_20170531
Strix_Setup_1.1.18_20170N1N[...]*

Every time a reboot kills my sound card I uninstall a driver, reboot, unistall the second one, reboot, reinstall the first, reboot, IT FINALLY SES MY SOUND CARD, reinstall the second, reboot.

It is strange to hear that mechanical switch on sound card, sometimes, is like a machine gun. There is some serious issue with power management of this card, under new Windows 10 versions.

Regards!
McOrion

Thank you so much, this worked for me and now the card is recognized by Windows again.

Can we a get a driver update or a fw update that will fix the problem?

Alan_M
Level 7
I'm having the same problem