cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Strix Soar NoT detected Cold BOOT

ROGItalia
Level 7
Hi all, as the title I have a problem with my sound card asus strix soar, when cold boot is not detected the card, you need a windows reboot to see the card.

Until last week everything was all right, suddenly it has this cold boot problem.
You hear the relay (click click) only on reboot, coem if the bios does not initialize the sound card, if I go on windows management devices marks the error 45 hw not inserted correctly, obviously disappears on reboot.

My motherboard is the ASUS HERO X z370 with a 8700k mounted.

I have owned the strix soar for two and a half years and never a problem.

What can it be? Quick start deactivated by both bios and windows.

Please help me

Excuse me for English, I'm Italian I helped with google translator
36 REPLIES 36

Well I've finally solved my problem and strongly suggest you all try the same.

After months of discussions with Asus support they agreed to buy back the card at 100% of what I paid for it, as this card was nearly out of warrenty this was really appreciated.

I really liked this card with the external control and would rather that they could have released new firmware which I honestly think is the problem but at least I've got a refund.

It's really a shame because the way the control handled switching between headphones and speakers was great and so far I've not seen another card that has this feature,

I have exactly the same problem. But in Russia, the ASUS support service refused to fulfill the warranty. The money was not returned to me and the soundcard was not repaired.

Sorry to hear that.

The warrenty laws for you must be different to the UK's

I'm still convinced all they needed to do was update the firmware on the card.

Hello. I specifically registered on this forum to help other users solve the problem when asus strix soar is not detected. Or it is determined only after warming up, after some time. All you have to do is remove the 2 ceramic capacitors as in the attached picture. After that, in the vast majority of cases, the card starts working. I am also attaching a link to the forum where they helped me. Good luck to all.
https://forum.ixbt.com/topic.cgi?id=12:56114-37

bogsha
Level 10
Thx to you Kirych___83 my Soundcard is working now... STRIX RAID DLX
I made a tutorial for all that have same problems.

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?130710-SOLUTION-ASUS-Strix-Soundcard-Strix-Soar-RAID-PRO-a...

Flarkit
Level 8

The capacitor removal suggestion works, I'm still shocked!

I have an Asus Strix Soar, which I'd bought specifically to support a set of 300ohm Sennheisers. It was most disappointing when Windows 10 stopped detecting the card. At first it would activate after a few minutes, then it got longer. Eventually the card was not detected at all.

After reading all the many posts complaining about how poor the Asus driver support was, I found Kirych___83's post above and decided I had nothing to lose. After all, the card was non-functional in Windows.

After the 2 caps were removed, the card still was not detected, so I thought it was headed for the trash. A minute later Windows detected it! It's a day later and the card still takes a minute or 3 and then works again. I'll take it, thank you @Kirych___83 

👍

Daviesoxygen
Level 7

If your Asus Strix Soar sound card is not detected during a cold boot, there could be several reasons for this issue. Here are some troubleshooting steps you can follow to resolve it:

1. **Check Connections:**
Ensure that the sound card is properly seated in the PCI slot on your motherboard. Sometimes, loose connections can cause detection problems.

2. **BIOS Settings:**
Access your motherboard's BIOS settings and make sure that the PCI slot where the sound card is installed is enabled. Additionally, check if there are any options related to onboard audio and make sure they are set correctly (e.g., disabled if you want to use the sound card).

3. **Driver Installation:**
Make sure you have the latest drivers for your Asus Strix Soar sound card installed. Download and install the drivers from the official Asus website.

4. **Windows Audio Settings:**
Check your Windows audio settings to ensure that the Asus Strix Soar is set as the default playback device. To do this:
- Right-click on the sound icon in the system tray.
- Select "Open Sound settings."
- Under the "Output" section, select your Asus Strix Soar sound card as the default device.

5. **Power Management:**
Some motherboards have power management settings that may affect PCI slots. Check your motherboard's manual for any power management options related to PCI slots and make sure they are configured correctly.

6. **Testing on Another System:**
If possible, test the Asus Strix Soar on another compatible system to see if it gets detected. This will help determine if the issue is with the sound card or the current system configuration.

7. **Firmware/BIOS Update:**
Check if there are any firmware or BIOS updates available for your motherboard. Sometimes, these updates can address compatibility issues.

8. **Check for Hardware Conflicts:**
Make sure there are no hardware conflicts in Device Manager. If you see any conflicts, resolve them.

9. **Reinstallation:**
If all else fails, try reseating the sound card or reinstalling it. Sometimes, physical reinstallation can resolve detection problems.

10. **Contact Support:**
If none of the above steps resolve the issue, consider contacting Asus customer support or the manufacturer's support for further assistance. There could be a hardware problem with the sound card or compatibility issues with your specific motherboard.

Remember to back up your important data and settings before making significant changes to your system configuration.

https://oxygenpharm.cc/shop/