Hi everyone !

I've recently bought this card and I've encountered my first problem with it :

My configuration :

Windows 10 Pro X64 (fresh install)
Intel I7 5960X
Asus R5E with integrated soundcard disabled
Tri-sli titan X (358.59)

Problem :

when I'm start listening music or anything else with audio resources (play movie / youtube...), randomly, the sound cut for less 1 second. The software (VLC/ MPC HC / Spotify) is always playing resource (no visual pause) but audio is lost for this time (1s max).

Someone have this problem too ? Any workaround solution ?

Thank's in advance to help !
284 REPLIES 284

Today I installed the sound card in question.
I have the exact same problem.

My configuration:

Windows 8.1 Pro X64
Intel I7 3770
Asus Sabertooth Z77 with integrated soundcard disabled
GTX 680 (359.06)

I do not know whether to wait for a fix and return the card to the seller and make a refund.

Hi there! Got the same issue with a Strix Raid Pro here. Sound cuts out for a second while playing, shortly after that I sound like a robot in Teamspeak. It happens once in a while, sometimes two or three times within two hours playing, sometimes less often. I wasn´t able to reproduce that error by now and it still occurs after a complete re-installation of Windows.

My system:

ASUS M5A99X Evo R2.0 mainbord
AMD FX8350
Gainward Phantom GTX970
Strix Raid Pro
Kingston SV300S37A/120G SSDNow V300 (with Windows on it)
Samsung 850 Evo
Windows 7 64bit

Needless to say that I got the latest drivers installed.

Any ideas? Btw, didn´t have that Intel program installed.

i got same cutting issues ramdomly ... i think there are some problems with network drivers. the cutting issue appears only if some network activity occoured. For example after opening a webpage or connect to network storage. Not always but
it is striking a bit.

PC Specs under my avatar.

darkrain333 wrote:
i got same cutting issues ramdomly ... i think there are some problems with network drivers. the cutting issue appears only if some network activity occoured. For example after opening a webpage or connect to network storage. Not always but
it is striking a bit.

PC Specs under my avatar.

We're already looking into this issue, if you can please help us test with LatencyMon to see if the latency from the network drivers are too high and causing this issue.

Bahz wrote:
We're already looking into this issue, if you can please help us test with LatencyMon to see if the latency from the network drivers are too high and causing this issue.

Seems there are a lot of issues.
The tool says:
"Your system appears to be having trouble handling real-time audio and other tasks. You are likely to experience buffer underruns appearing as drop outs, clicks or pops. One or more DPC routines that belong to a driver running in your system appear to be executing for too long. One problem may be related to power management, disable CPU throttling settings in Control Panel and BIOS setup. Check for BIOS updates."

Here are my stats while listening to google music under chrome with sound cutting issues.
http://pastebin.com/1B6s7x8c

Thorwaldt wrote:
Hi there! Got the same issue with a Strix Raid Pro here. Sound cuts out for a second while playing, shortly after that I sound like a robot in Teamspeak. It happens once in a while, sometimes two or three times within two hours playing, sometimes less often. I wasn´t able to reproduce that error by now and it still occurs after a complete re-installation of Windows.

My system:

ASUS M5A99X Evo R2.0 mainbord
AMD FX8350
Gainward Phantom GTX970
Strix Raid Pro
Kingston SV300S37A/120G SSDNow V300 (with Windows on it)
Samsung 850 Evo
Windows 7 64bit

Needless to say that I got the latest drivers installed.

Any ideas? Btw, didn´t have that Intel program installed.

For all VoIP or other chat software it's likely related to the Noise Gate setting in the software, here's something I posted earlier in the thread:

One of the solutions is to disable both feature in the software but instead we recommend that you don't because both features are quite useful. The other solution is to manually adjust the dB setting for both Perfect Voice and Noise Gate. For one of our systems where we witnessed the sound cutting issue, we left perfect voice at the default levels and adjusted Noise gate around the -37dB to -45dB range to fix this issue. We recommend trying the -45dB to -60dB range first and then adjust from there.

Vlada011
Level 10
The worse thing is because customer complain on ASUS Sound Card installed on high end ASUS motherboards.
I understand if someone with Creative have problem but ASUS Sound Cards need to work perfectly with ASUS motherboards and that will be much easier and for customers and for company.
Special with ROG motherboards.

Same problem for me, but with the Asus Soar, this cut of audio is very very annoying...

Configuration:
I7 3770
Asus z87-c
Asus Nvidia GTX-970
Windows 10 64bit

I have contacted the customer service, but all they can say to me is to "return the audio board for warranty"... maybe I do it after christmas... but to me seems more like a driver problem, becouse the Soar is working, it's the audio that don't go well... and Windows, when I try "Solving problem" return a "Isn't possibile to start audio driver"

Bahz
Level 12
We're already looking into this issue as the OP has reinstalled Windows 8.1 and now it's working fine with the newest driver. Our team haven't been able to replicate the issue. Nessu on the other hand is having issues on Windows 8.1, so actually this issue is very random. If anyone has any other details to share, please kindly PM me.

I think that for the moment I'm going to wait... Reinstall the entire sistem with the risk of replicate the problem...