cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WiFi 6e disconnects every 12 hours

woymfsu03
Level 7
I have the AXE11000 and finally got a wifi 6e device to use. The Pixel 6a. Upon connecting it was usually a little slower to find the 6ghz wifi but it would pop up eventually. Upon connecting I noticed that it wouldn't stay connected. I figured it was an issue with it having less range but it would disconnect when 5 or so yards away. Contacted google and they offered to send me a new phone since it was less than a week old. New one came and same thing happened, disconnected when in the same room as the router. Haven't sent the original device back and have them both connected within 5 minutes of each other and old one disconnects first followed by the new one. Looked at the connection time before the second one and realized it was basically 12 hours time. Could this be a router issue? Or an actual Pixel 6a issue with it being a new device. No other problems with 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz as they all stay connected for days at a time. Uptime is actually at a week as we speak. The only thing I've changed on the Pixels is a turned random MAC address off as I saw some Samsungs were having this issue before but it didn't do anything. Problem still occurs. No settings were changed on the 6Ghz wifi settings all default including the professional settings page. Running stock firmware with latest firmware update which was about a week or two ago.
8 REPLIES 8

Saltgrass
Level 13
Since I don't have your phone, I can't be of much help with that. But check you Wi-Fi security because the 6e pretty much needs WPA3-personal with AES.

Do you have any other devices that are 6e or any computers running Win 11 you could change out a Wi-Fi card in?
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Sadly I do not. This is the first one I've gotten that's 6e. I currently have 2 of them but they're the exact same phone the pixel 6a. Until I have to send the first one back they sent because I thought it was a phone issue.

Saltgrass wrote:
Since I don't have your phone, I can't be of much help with that. But check you Wi-Fi security because the 6e
pretty much needs WPA3-personal with AES.

Do you have any other devices that are 6e or any computers running Win 11 you could change out a Wi-Fi card in?

mittenz
Level 8
Try to disable WMM APSD

Just tried that last night and disconnected both devices at 12 hours still.

I've also tried status ip address in the router for one device and same thing happened. I've contacted Asus and they should be back in touch with me soon I hope. Also done q factory reset and reflashed the latest firmware just to test it out but nothing changed.

mittenz wrote:
Try to disable WMM APSD

The Pixel, if connected to the AXE11000 via 5 GHz, stays connected for over 12 hours?

jzchen wrote:
The Pixel, if connected to the AXE11000 via 5 GHz, stays connected for over 12 hours?

Yes that is correct.Â*

TrickMasterPC
Level 10
Here's what you need to do:

1) Watch my video on proper configs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qikbVRCRJBw
2) Ensure you have the latest firmware on your router and your phone..
3) Under the router's professional Wifi settings disable "Roaming assistant" for your 6 band.
4) On your phone under advanced Wifi settings disable Wifi power savings mode. Disable switch to mobile data when Wifi is weak. Look under Wifi control history to see any apps on your phone have disabled Wifi. Sometimes power management or optimization apps will disable Wifi automatically.
5) Use Wifi Radar on your router to scan for interference and capacity issues across your 2.4, 5, and 6GHz bands. Adjust your control channels accordingly.
6) Enable pre-emptive Bluetooth Coexistence under the 2.4Ghz professional settings

Note that 6e is POWER intensive and your phone's OS/Firmware may simply disconnect in an effort to conserve power. Normally, you can control this, but on some phones you might not have the option. So if you perform all of the above steps and you still have the issue then it's by design and it's specific to your phone, not the router.

Motherboard: ASUS ROG Rampage V Edition 10
CPU: Intel 6950x 4.2GHz
GPU: 2x Nvidia ASUS RTX 3090 with EK Water Blocks
Memory: Corsair Dominator Platinum 64GB (4x8GB) 3,600 MHz
M.2 SSD: Samsung 960 Pro NVMEI
Sound: Creative XFI Fatal1ty Champion Series
PSU: Corsair AX1200i

Saltgrass
Level 13
The first thing I thought of when you stated every 12 hours was, the Lease was expiring. The lease on my 5 GHz network is renewed every 24 hours, so that means it starts trying to renew the lease after about 12 hours.

If you know exactly when this happens, you may be able to check the log to see if anything shows up at that time. If your 6 GHz signal is not strong, it may have problems renewing the lease.

I have 3 computers running the 6 GHz network and one is a Win 10 version. They are all stable, as far as I know.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200