cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAN lease time

zxman2008
Level 7
Hello
Having issue with my Asus tuf 5400 router. The wan lease time is fixed at 5 minutes, I don't know if this is dues to my ISP, I have a service requests with them too, but just wanted to know if there was a way of setting this higher in the router.
I get consistent drop outs and have to manually go back into the router and reset wan link.

Any help appreciated

Regards
Stephen
18 REPLIES 18

ahfoo
Level 13
WAN IP lease time being designated by ISP is the same with how your DHCP issue LAN Ip address to the user and you can control. But WAN IP it all depend on your ISP. But 5 mins lease time far too short in my opinion.

zxman2008
Level 7
Yeah that's what I thought, hence contacting my ISP, but they said that was normal. They are going to do se diagnostics.
What mode would you recommend, normal, aggressive or continuous?

zxman2008
Level 7
I have been told by my ISP that 5 minutes is the lease.time for the network I am on. I dont think this is right somehow.
Can anyone here also please check out their WAN lease time to confirm that the router is not the issue here. If someone else has a lease time longer than 5 minutes then I know the router is not at fault.
Also if anyone has Gigaclear in UK can they also check their router, WAN lease time.
Thanks

zxman2008
Level 7
This is really starting to get frustrating now!!
What is wrong with this situation??

zxman2008 wrote:
This is really starting to get frustrating now!!
What is wrong with this situation??

Now that the outage is cleared and traffic no longer diverted, what does this page say about DHCP?

Did you try different DHCP query frequency settings?

Lease time is still 5 minutes, doesn't matter what settings I change in the router...

zxman2008 wrote:
Lease time is still 5 minutes, doesn't matter what settings I change in the router...

So you're still getting dropped? Call the ISP if so.

I have a ticket with the ISP too, they are looking into it but the only response I get from them is "this is normal".
I cannot believe this as I am on fiber BB from a large supplier, all of my other BB suppliers give at least 8hrs, no reason why this should be any different!!!

Is there an API that I can use to control the router incase it goes down again. I have a server I can periodically test and then reboot the WAN connection if it drops!

I believe you can enable remote access then use the ASUS Router app or log in via WAN IP address, but that begs the question you can't if it's been dropped.

It does sound like the service is not dropping (much) anymore if the speed is not sluggish I would just live with it.