cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

USB-HDD on AI-Mesh-Node - Sleep Settings - ROG GT-AX11000 and Zenwifi ET12 Pro

Rog_Jan
Level 7
I'm using an AI-Mesh System with an ET12 Pro as Main and an Asus ROG AX-11000 as a mesh node.

ET12 Pro has no USB-Support, that's why i attached my USB-HDD to the Mesh node, it works so far - Mediaserver + Folder in WIndows 11

Problem: External HDD never goes to sleep - there is no setting that allows me to change that. (Can't access AX11000 directly to set a sleep timer // ET12 Pro has no setting for external USB)

Can access USB-App page from the AiMesh page - but there are only 2 options: Time Machine and Download Master.

Any way to get the external HDD to sleep?
4 REPLIES 4

jzchen
Level 14
It seems the easiest way would be to upgrade your GT-AX11000 to a GT-AXE model and put that as your primary router.*

jzchen wrote:
It seems the easiest way would be to upgrade your GT-AX11000 to a GT-AXE model and put that as your primary router.*

500-600euro to get that one option back seems pretty steep to me

Hopefully it can be fixed with a future Firmware-Update ... until then i connected my USB-HDD to a smartplug and can control it via Alexa "Harddrive on/off" 8euro solution.

Rog.Jan wrote:
Hopefully it can be fixed with a future Firmware-Update ... until then i connected my USB-HDD to a smartplug and can control it via Alexa "Harddrive on/off" 8euro solution.

That's a great find. (Sorry I did not know it existed). Thank you for sharing this!