cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The long-awaited firmware for Asus GT-BE98 Pro

Gennadij
Level 8
24 REPLIES 24

It looks like the S24 is the one device two of you are having problems with.   Is that the only Wi-Fi 7 device you have?

Have you looked at the Wireless-MLO tab in the Web GUI to see how it is configured?

It the phone is dropping, then the log should have some indication at the time it happens.

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Besides the Galaxy S24U I do have the Dell Alienware m18 R2 Laptop connected to this router using WiFi 7 without any problems, with previous and new GT-BE98 Pro firmware. There was a system update today for the Galaxy S24U and I will see, if this improves the WiFi 7 connection.  

@s_vanhelsing   As far as your laptop, WiFi 7 is not yet available in Windows 23H2 but will be when the 24H2 is available.  I am running that now and it is faster, or at least appears to be.

As far as your phone, I have no experience with that, but I feel the new settings to enable the WiFi 7 and MLO may be involved.

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

It may be a Snapdragon issue.  My OnePlus Open does not get great SpeedTest App speeds...

1000000884.jpg

@Saltgrass wrote:

@s_vanhelsing   As far as your laptop, WiFi 7 is not yet available in Windows 23H2 but will be when the 24H2 is available.  I am running that now and it is faster, or at least appears to be.

As far as your phone, I have no experience with that, but I feel the new settings to enable the WiFi 7 and MLO may be involved.

Yes, I am running the beta 23H2 with the Alienware m18 R2 connected to one of the 6G radios and get full speed, meaning 1420 Mbps down and 220 Mbps up, same as connected to cable. I understand WiFi 7 will be fully supported starting 24H2, lets hoe for the best.

As far as the Galaxy S24 Ultra goes, ever since the May update yesterday morning the phone stays conected to WiFi 7 with internet. I did not change anything else and I think this was a problem with the S24.

@s_vanhelsing   Is the only indication of WiFi 7 you see on the phone the 7 number?  Any indication of the MLO process being active on more than one radio?

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Yes, this is the only indication. Before the router update, on the 6G radio it showed WiFi 7, on the 5G radio it showed WiFi 6E. After the update both, the 5G and 6G radios are showing WiFi 7.

I do not know a lot about MLO, I need to get educated about this. So far I have not activated MLO but I like to experiment with it.

historypsi
Level 10

Anyone else using static routes noticed this broke them? I can get it up for all of 4 pings before it drops when I readd the route and apply after deleting the route, apply. On the initial apply I can ping the other side through the gateway for the network then all connectivity drops and when it comes back up after applying....nothing. 

historypsi_0-1715362956311.png

The pings are during the time it's applying the route. After it says "Complete" it's back to not pinging.

MadHatter01
Level 9

I have a possible fix for thr S24 Ultra. Enable developer mode. Then go in the developer mode in settings. Enable Wifi Safe Mode. I also did not loose speed changing this.

nunyabiziz
Level 8

From my s24u

1000033965.jpg

 and from oneplus open 

1000033966.jpg