cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow Wifi on Xbox One X with AX11000 behind an 1Gbps AT&T Fiber Line

Mutilat1on
Level 7
I have looked far and wide for an answer to this issue and Microsoft Support no longer answers questions for the One X.

I have both an Xbox Series X and an Xbox One X. My issue is that the Xbox One X's Download speed and Upload speed are absolutely horrid. 25.97 Mbps Down/36.53 Mbps Up. It is wirelessly connected as I am unable to hardwire it due to location issues. I know and understand that wifi is not the way to go, but it is my wife's and she doesn't play any lag-issue games. Prior to about 3 months ago, I was getting well over 100Mbps Down/Up wirelessly with it. It now will not go close to even 30 Mbps.

My setup:
ARRIS BGW210-700 gateway (1Gbps Fiber):
WiFi off
IP Passthrough enabled
Allocation Mode: Passthrough
Passthrough Mode: DHCPS-fixed
All Firewall settings are off.

Connected to a ROG GT-AX11000 Router:
Firewall: Standard
Game Boost: Enabled
QoS: Gaming
Both the Series X and One X are set to gaming.

I have turned QoS off entirely and speeds dropped to 17.72 Mbps Down/23.75 Mbps Up

Gear Accelerator: On for Both the Series X & the One X
Open NAT: Profiles created for Both the Series X & One X
Port 88 (UDP)
Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
Port 80 (TCP)
Port 500 (UDP)
Port 3544 (UDP)
Port 4500 (UDP)

Full Cone NAT
Smart Connect: Enabled
Wireless Mode: Auto (No other Options)
802.11ax/Wifi 6 Mode: Enable
WiFi Agile Multiband: Enabled
Channel Bandwidth: I have tried every configuration from 20MHz to 160MHz and even 20/40/60/80/160MHz
Control Channel: I use InSSIDer and checked all channels, there is no overlap, in fact, our neighbors are so far away their wifi barely appears.
Multi-User MIMO: Enabled
OFDMA/802.11ax MU-MIMO: DL/UL OFDMA + MU-MIMO
IPv4 DNS: 1.1.1.1; 1.0.0.1
IPv6 DNS: 2606:4700:4700::1111; 2606:4700:4700::1001
DMZ: I even put it in a DMZ and there was no change.

I've even verified that it is connecting to the 5G band.
Short of Factory Resetting the Router and starting from scratch, I have no idea where I have gone wrong.

Xbox One X:
Packet Loss: 0%
MTU: 1480
Latency: 32 ms
Wireless Strength: 100%

I did a reset on the One X, then did a full Factory Reset on it. No change in wifi speeds. The issue has to be the Router. But no other devices in the house are experiencing a slowdown.
5 REPLIES 5

Saltgrass
Level 13
Might be software installed or the drivers for the Wi-Fi. Do you know what Wi-Fi card the xBox One X uses?

You have tried the other radios on the AX11000?

You could take your Wife's xBox to a place closer to the router to get a better signal, just for testing. The other xBox is performing normally?

Has it always been like this or was there some Win 10 update/build change which might be involved?

Any Bios updates for the xBoxes? I am not familiar with the xBox line so not sure how old they are.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Might be software installed or the drivers for the Wi-Fi. Do you know what Wi-Fi card the xBox One X uses?

• The Xbox One X has a custom wifi card. Drivers are dependant on system updates.

You have tried the other radios on the AX11000?

• Yes, it's currently connected to one of the 5GHz bands

You could take your Wife's xBox to a place closer to the router to get a better signal, just for testing. The other xBox is performing normally?

• It is within eyesight of the router and has 100% signal.

Has it always been like this or was there some Win 10 update/build change which might be involved?

• It just started doing this in June or July. Prior to that it was getting well over 100Mbps.

Any Bios updates for the xBoxes? I am not familiar with the xBox line so not sure how old they are.

• All system updates are from the same source. There is no BIOS that is accessable.

So far for me I've found that the FW's for the AX11000 are crashable,constantly crashable.
Until I was pointed to a beta,which hasn't crashed at all yet.
Tried the latest - 3.0.0.4.386.45898 crashed a few times within hrs

I've never experienced a single crash...like period. You should return it cause yours is definitely faulty.

Mutilat1on wrote:
I've never experienced a single crash...like period. You should return it cause yours is definitely faulty.

yet working fine with a beta FW...........

did you try the beta to see if it fixed your problem?