cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Set up network drive

scotsue
Level 7
Set up network drive
I’m trying to do something that should be rather simple but it’s the first time I’m trying it and nothing is working. I have two Desktop computers on my network , And all I wanna do is set up a simple network drive connected to my Mesh XT8 system. I’ve tried everything in the settings in different configurations and nothing I do will allow me to see that network drive on the second computer. Can someone please explain this to me in simple terms. Thanks for any help it’s very appreciated.

PS, I would rather not connect over the Internet but simply over my network that’s how I would like it set up. Sounds simple it’s turning out to not be. 🙂 Thank you*

Also, discovery is turned on both computers.*
3 REPLIES 3

ahfoo
Level 13
What network drive you are referring, need more detail here for others here to understand more.

scotsue
Level 7
Ok sure, and thanks.

I'm trying to connect a 10TB WD drive via USB to the back of my ASUS Zenwifi AX xt8 router. And with this, I'm want to configure this as a network storage drive for 2 desktops on my network.

I think I set the drive up and it's recognized by the router UI, but when I put in the default ftp address windows explorer, it says FTP Folder error, Windows cannot access this folder.

ahfoo
Level 13
I do not think the router allowed to use the USB drive to become a network drive.