cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RT-BE96U Soon to be Released, but I have my Eyes on Another Brand/Model.

jzchen
Level 14

The pages for the RT-BE96U are up on both the US and worldwide ASUS websites.  The GT-BE98 is listed on the worldwide site but not the US site, (seems very far from release).  Release firmware is available for download (for the RT-BE96U), and the ASUS US store says it is "expected" on 8/22/23, which is tomorrow.

With a $699.99 price tag that is $100 more than the TP-Link Deco BE95 which is sold as a 1 pack on Amazon.  I'd rather buy that one.  Anyone waiting for this model, the GT-BE98, or another WiFi 7 router?

4 REPLIES 4

Saltgrass
Level 12

They are now showing an GT-BE98 Pro on the site but no specs. listed.  I am guessing by the end of the year, since they are supposed to finalize the Wi-Fi 7 specifications around that time.

Some websites are suggesting Wi-Fi 7 wireless adapters from Intel, will not be available until 2024.  I wonder which type of adapter the new motherboards will have since folks will be stuck with those for a while.

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

jzchen
Level 14

The RT-BE96U appears available for purchase from Newegg.

That version only has one 5 GHz radio, which makes it unusable in my system if I want to use Mesh nodes.

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

I wonder how/if MLO and Multi-RU (w/ Puncturing) will address this concern of needing a dedicated channel for backhaul…