cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Rapture GT-AC5300 - Firmware 3.0.0.4.384.32799 [Report if any issues]

MasterC
Community Admin
Community Admin
New firmware (3.0.0.4.384.32799) was just released for the ROG Rapture GT-AC5300

Manual firmware update download here:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/GT-AC5300/FW_GT_AC5300_300438432799.zip?_ga=2.155223090....

Please report in this thread if any issues, thanks!

KamiWolf wrote:
For the past several firmwares, I've had an issue where WAN and LAN will drop completely (and then reconnect itself later). All devices lose connection (wired and wireless).

On the router, the WAN LED will go red then both the WAN and LAN LEDs will turn off before everything goes back to normal. On the modem, everything looks normal - no status light changes. During this time, I am not able to access the router nor the modem via network.

This happens randomly and lasts for about 1-2 minutes on average. I could be gaming, streaming video, web browsing, or doing absolutely nothing actively and it could still happen.

Edit: To add, I've also done Factory Resets and it doesn't fix the issue.

I saw this as well on the past 3 production and 2 beta firmwares.

KamiWolf wrote:
For the past several firmwares, I've had an issue where WAN and LAN will drop completely (and then reconnect itself later). All devices lose connection (wired and wireless).

On the router, the WAN LED will go red then both the WAN and LAN LEDs will turn off before everything goes back to normal. On the modem, everything looks normal - no status light changes. During this time, I am not able to access the router nor the modem via network.

This happens randomly and lasts for about 1-2 minutes on average. I could be gaming, streaming video, web browsing, or doing absolutely nothing actively and it could still happen.

Same thing for me, just wish stuff would stay come connected.
Where do we get notified of new beta releases?

Here is my Smart Connect, does it look ok? So many dropouts. *

75936*

Ended up putting my RT-AC5300 running Merlin 384.6 back in as my main router. Absolutely blows the GT out of the water running this fw. Getting MUCH better range and speed on the wifi and its STABLE.

chris k wrote:
Ended up putting my RT-AC5300 running Merlin 384.6 back in as my main router. Absolutely blows the GT out of the water running this fw. Getting MUCH better range and speed on the wifi and its STABLE.

i was curious about this, so i went and googled merlin firmware.
this looks very much like the router interface on my RT-AC87U.

but the site says:
Asuswrt-Merlin is an alternative, customized version of that firmware. Developed by Eric Sauvageau, its primary goals are to enhance the existing firmware without bringing any radical changes, and to fix some of the known issues and limitations, while maintaining the same level of performance as the original firmware.....

ref: https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/about

so, the merlin firmware is not made by ASUS but someone else (i happen to notice the paypal donate button too) ? but the interface is all the same?
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

haihane wrote:
i was curious about this, so i went and googled merlin firmware.
this looks very much like the router interface on my RT-AC87U.

but the site says:
Asuswrt-Merlin is an alternative, customized version of that firmware. Developed by Eric Sauvageau, its primary goals are to enhance the existing firmware without bringing any radical changes, and to fix some of the known issues and limitations, while maintaining the same level of performance as the original firmware.....

ref: https://asuswrt.lostrealm.ca/about

so, the merlin firmware is not made by ASUS but someone else (i happen to notice the paypal donate button too) ? but the interface is all the same?

Technically, Merlin just takes the Asus stock fw and fixes/adds useful features (spanning tree protocol, qos-fq codel, etc). The interface looks pretty much the same but with some options not available in the stock fw. Sadly, Merlin won't touch fw for the GT because of all the proprietary stuff.

chris k wrote:
Technically, Merlin just takes the Asus stock fw and fixes/adds useful features (spanning tree protocol, qos-fq codel, etc). The interface looks pretty much the same but with some options not available in the stock fw. Sadly, Merlin won't touch fw for the GT because of all the proprietary stuff.

if he's that good, ASUS should just employ him already.
no siggy, saw stuff that made me sad.

haihane wrote:
if he's that good, ASUS should just employ him already.
��

That's one way of looking at it. On the other hand, there's much more freedom in remaining independent of ASUS. At the end of the day the end-user ends up with more options with how things currently stand. Personally, I prefer things as-is¹.

¹ I realize the GT isn't supported but many other models are (eg RT, etc). Many people would lose out if Merlin releases became bogged down by bureaucracy.

chris k wrote:

I tried to go with this too but I have two*RT-AC5300 in AiMesh and*Merlin Firmware does not support it 😞

KamiWolf wrote:

This is my exact issue and its driving me nuts $50 hardware should not have any issues like this let alone $400 hardware.