Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG GT-AC 5300 new firmware Version 3.0.0.4.386.41793

ahfoo
Level 13
ROG GT-AC 5300 new firmware Version 3.0.0.4.386.41793

Download here

https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/wireless/GT-AC5300/FW_GT_AC5300_300438641793.zip

Version 3.0.0.4.386.41793
2021/01/26 65.08 MBytes
ASUS GT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.386.41793
1. AiMesh 2.0
- System optimization: one click in AiMesh to optimize the topology
- System Ethernet backhaul mode, all nodes will only connect by ethernet, and all bands can release for wireless clients.
- System factory default and reboot.
- Client device reconnect, make the device offline and online again.
- Client device binding to specific AP.
- Guest WiFi on all Mesh nodes (all node need to upgrade to 3.0.0.4.386 firmware)
- Access nodes USB application.

Connection priority and Ethernet backhaul mode introduction
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1044184

How to setup ASUS AiMesh or ZenWiFi Mesh Ethernet backhaul under different conditions
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1044151/

2. New Family interface in ASUS router App.
ASUS Router App for iOS must greater than iOS v1.0.0.5.75
Android version greater than v1.0.0.5.74

3. The unit of the WiFi time scheduler goes to 1 minute.

4. Support IPSec IKE v1 and IKE v2, and you can use the Windows 10 native VPN client program to connect to the router's IPSec VPN server. The Windows 10 new FAQ is in https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1033576

5. 2.4 and 5G settings on the network map could modify in the same tab.

6. Captcha for login can be disabled in the administration -> system.

7. Printer server port can be disabled on the USB app page.

8. Clients who connect to the guest network can be viewed in the network map -->view list --> interface

9. Fixed Let's Encrypt issue.

10. Added IPTV supports for a specific region.

Please unzip the firmware file first then check the MD5 code.
MD5: ee65d41542ebce9947a261ef4405d812
54 REPLIES 54

OmniiOMEGA
Level 7
Guys I just got gigabit two days ago and my download speeds are insane cabled over ethernet but my wifi is capped at 80-90MBps, you reckon it's the latest firmware causing it?

OmniiOMEGA wrote:
Guys I just got gigabit two days ago and my download speeds are insane cabled over ethernet but my wifi is capped at 80-90MBps, you reckon it's the latest firmware causing it?

The faster the speed the more strain will be added to the internal processor. What I did fist was:

• reset the router through the pin hole on the router (Not through the web interface). This helped allot.
  • Make sure you are using the 5Ghz bands
  • Turn off AI Protection (This can consume a lot of processing power)
  • Turn of all USB features
  • Turn off all logging and monitoring (Including all QoS monitoring)
  • Set QoS to adaptive and the Bandwidth setting (Up and Down speed) to double your internet speed which is 2048
  • Turn off IPv6
  • Set a the router to use a fast and reliable DNS server
  • Under game acceleration, click on "Gear Accelerator" and enable it and add all your important devices
  • assign manual IP addresses to all devices connected
  • Turn off DDNS if you want to save more processing resources
  • Turn off all AI Cloud Features
  • If you have a Mesh network then make sure all Mesh devices support Gigabit speeds
  • In WiFi settings, do not use "Smart Connect"
  • For the 5Ghz networks channels I use Auto for 5Ghz 1 and channel 161 for 5Ghz 2
  • make sure all bands have different SSIDs
  • Disable Airtime Fairness on your important bands (or turn off for all bands)
  • Turn off Roaming Assistant in advanced Wifi settings of each band if you are not using a Mesh network
  • For WiFi channel bandwidth use 80Mhz for both 5Ghz bands
  • Turn off WPS
  • Don't use a Guest network if you don't have to

After you set all settings you need to turn off your router and modem. Then turn your modem on and wait 3 minute. Then turn your router on and wat 3 minute, then turn your PC (or reconnect mobile device) on and check your speeds. The point behind this post is to give the internal processors as much resources as it can have for Gigabit WiFi speeds.

Also the new firmware uses Ookla to check up and down speeds. Do a speed test using the built-in speed test.

Jesseinsf wrote:
The faster the speed the more strain will be added to the internal processor. What I did fist was:

• reset the router through the pin hole on the router (Not through the web interface). This helped allot.
  • Make sure you are using the 5Ghz bands
  • Turn off AI Protection (This can consume a lot of processing power)
  • Turn of all USB features
  • Turn off all logging and monitoring (Including all QoS monitoring)
  • Set QoS to adaptive and the Bandwidth setting (Up and Down speed) to double your internet speed which is 2048
  • Turn off IPv6
  • Set a the router to use a fast and reliable DNS server
  • Under game acceleration, click on "Gear Accelerator" and enable it and add all your important devices
  • assign manual IP addresses to all devices connected
  • Turn off DDNS if you want to save more processing resources
  • Turn off all AI Cloud Features
  • If you have a Mesh network then make sure all Mesh devices support Gigabit speeds
  • In WiFi settings, do not use "Smart Connect"
  • For the 5Ghz networks channels I use Auto for 5Ghz 1 and channel 161 for 5Ghz 2
  • make sure all bands have different SSIDs
  • Disable Airtime Fairness on your important bands (or turn off for all bands)
  • Turn off Roaming Assistant in advanced Wifi settings of each band if you are not using a Mesh network
  • For WiFi channel bandwidth use 80Mhz for both 5Ghz bands
  • Turn off WPS
  • Don't use a Guest network if you don't have to

After you set all settings you need to turn off your router and modem. Then turn your modem on and wait 3 minute. Then turn your router on and wat 3 minute, then turn your PC (or reconnect mobile device) on and check your speeds. The point behind this post is to give the internal processors as much resources as it can have for Gigabit WiFi speeds.

Also the new firmware uses Ookla to check up and down speeds. Do a speed test using the built-in speed test.

Thanks Jesseinsf,

OK I've switched to the 5GHz WiFi and I'm now getting over 300MBps down which is good, I think the 2.4GHz is limited anyway

Another problem, my LetsEncrypt Cert is stuck even on this build ironically that says they've fixed the LetsEncrypt Cert Bug where the status is stuck on Authorizing, any help?

Thanks

OmniiOMEGA wrote:
Thanks Jesseinsf,

OK I've switched to the 5GHz WiFi and I'm now getting over 300MBps down which is good, I think the 2.4GHz is limited anyway

Another problem, my LetsEncrypt Cert is stuck even on this build ironically that says they've fixed the LetsEncrypt Cert Bug where the status is stuck on Authorizing, any help?

Thanks

I had to delete and request a new certificate in order for it to work.

Jesseinsf wrote:
I had to delete and request a new certificate in order for it to work.

How did you delete it?

z3razerviper wrote:
How did you delete it?

I click "None" and the Apply, then I click "Free Certificate from Let's Encrypt" then click apply again. It's either this or a factory reset.

i am afraid to upgrade my routers firmware coz until now my 3rd wifi band is still missing...after many attempt to recover the third band wifi mac still have no luck... im still using the old firmware....ASUS GT-AC5300 Firmware version 3.0.0.4.384.82037

OmniiOMEGA wrote:

I got 5300 mesh network and Â*tuo ac68 Â*in mesh nodes.
Â*Â*I got only 200-300 mbps in gigabitin caple net this new firmware.
Rolling back ...384... and speed is back in 800-950 mbps.
Please fix this problem .

Jhirx wrote:
I got 5300 mesh network and Â*tuo ac68 Â*in mesh nodes.
Â*Â*I got only 200-300 mbps in gigabitin caple net this new firmware.
Rolling back ...384... and speed is back in 800-950 mbps.
Please fix this problem .

Sometimes you have to do a factory reset when going from one big version to another (384 to 386). When I say factory reset, I don't mean the the GUI, I mean by pushing the reset button on the back of the router.

Jesseinsf wrote:
Sometimes you have to do a factory reset when going from one big version to another (384 to 386). When I say factory reset, I don't mean the the GUI, I mean by pushing the reset button on the back of the router.

hey, thanks for help. Is it sure that reset helps, I mean is it tested?