cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG G-AX11000 disconnecting WAN from LAN

bluethread0
Level 7
I purchased this router recently. I have a lot of IOT devices connected WIFI plus several Ethernet devices, (typically 85 devices connected plus or minus). Seemed to solve all my issues for the first couple of weeks with better range and all devices online. But after a couple weeks the router will just seem to disconnect any devices from the internet. I can still log into the router and strangely if I do a speed test on the QOS page I get full internet speed from the router itself, yet all devices show connected with no internet! This seems to happen randomly, I can reboot the router and all is back, or just wait it out for 10-15 min or so and it comes back. But when it happens it seems to happen approx. hourly for the entire day. Then inexplicably it has only happened once or twice in the last couple days. Completely at a loss with this issue. ( I have installed the latest Merlin firmware also with no change) Anyone run across this? Any suggestions?
3 REPLIES 3

Indigian
Level 10
bluethread0 wrote:
I purchased this router recently. I have a lot of IOT devices connected WIFI plus several Ethernet devices, (typically 85 devices connected plus or minus). Seemed to solve all my issues for the first couple of weeks with better range and all devices online. But after a couple weeks the router will just seem to disconnect any devices from the internet. I can still log into the router and strangely if I do a speed test on the QOS page I get full internet speed from the router itself, yet all devices show connected with no internet! This seems to happen randomly, I can reboot the router and all is back, or just wait it out for 10-15 min or so and it comes back. But when it happens it seems to happen approx. hourly for the entire day. Then inexplicably it has only happened once or twice in the last couple days. Completely at a loss with this issue. ( I have installed the latest Merlin firmware also with no change) Anyone run across this? Any suggestions?

Try the beta.....
https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?126670-Official-beta-3004-386-rc3

ahfoo
Level 13
it could be congested network withing your environment. Please refer to router log for any error.

Definitely could be traffic congestion, it's a lot of WIFI IOT devices. I just installed the latest merlin beta firmware (386.4 alpha3) and set the Group Key Rotation Interval to zero, forced my 2.4GHz wireless to channel 1, as neighbour's WIFI using upper channels. (auto doesn't seem to work that well, had it set to auto channel and after reboot it picked ch 7 which is the same channel the neighbours were using, I realize my neighbours, will probably change if they reboot so I could be constantly chasing a free channel doing this) No interference from neighbouring WIFI on 5 GHZ channels so left them alone.
I'll run this way for a while and see how it goes.