cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Q-Antenna on Maximus Dark Hero

bftsg
Level 7

I have broken one of the wires on my new Q-Antenna - the push on type not the screw-in.  Board is a Maximus Dark Hero. Anybody any idea where I can by a new one or get adaptors to change from puch-on to screw-in connectors?

4 REPLIES 4

Saltgrass
Level 13

You are referring to the external antenna and the connectors coming from it and not the Motherboard connectors?

There are antenna wires available online but you probably do not have access to replace the current ones.  

Asus does sell those types of antennas.  I have never seen one with push on connectors except for the video I just watched.

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Thanks for your quick response.  I was in the same boat - never having seen a push-on connector I tried to unscrew them from my blindside with the expected result!  I think I should stop buying the newest stuff!  I will keep looking...

I could not see the actual connectors very well, is there any chance they will also use the screw on type connectors?

Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Not really.  They only protrude about 3 or 4 mm from the backplate so there is no way to do anything with them.