cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTP sync fail

Pezhan
Level 7
Hi guys.

I have a little problem with AsusWRT at moment to want sync NTP on router.

The defaul hour is May 05, 2018, but i need update that. I try with differents NTP servers but no works.

Any one?
20,071 Views
16 REPLIES 16

RedSector73
Level 12
Where is home, use a local NTP server. The default one is normally NTP in USA and overloaded.

So for example I'm aussie, thus I use
au.pool.ntp.org


try here
https://www.pool.ntp.org/zone/@

to find your local one.

Pezhan
Level 7
Hi!
I did configure this NTP server: 0.cl.pool.ntp.org but not sync yet

May 7 05:13:45 hour monitor: daemon is starting
May 7 05:15:45 hour monitor: ntp sync fail, will retry after 120 sec
May 7 05:17:45 hour monitor: ntp sync fail, will retry after 120 sec

From router do ping to NTP server:

PING 0.cl.pool.ntp.org (162.159.200.1): 56 data bytes
64 bytes from 162.159.200.1: seq=0 ttl=58 time=20.432 ms
64 bytes from 162.159.200.1: seq=1 ttl=58 time=24.150 ms
64 bytes from 162.159.200.1: seq=2 ttl=58 time=15.633 ms
64 bytes from 162.159.200.1: seq=3 ttl=58 time=10.794 ms
64 bytes from 162.159.200.1: seq=4 ttl=58 time=16.495 ms
64 bytes from 162.159.200.1: seq=5 ttl=58 time=17.172 ms
64 bytes from 162.159.200.1: seq=6 ttl=58 time=10.667 ms
64 bytes from 162.159.200.1: seq=7 ttl=58 time=14.148 ms
64 bytes from 162.159.200.1: seq=8 ttl=58 time=15.832 ms
64 bytes from 162.159.200.1: seq=9 ttl=58 time=16.824 ms

--- 0.cl.pool.ntp.org ping statistics ---
10 packets transmitted, 10 packets received, 0% packet loss
round-trip min/avg/max = 10.667/16.214/24.150 ms

Maybe try one from here

The NTP Pool DNS system automatically picks time servers which are geographically close for you, but if you want to choose explicitly, there are sub-zones of pool.ntp.org. The "continent" ones are:
http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Servers/NTPPoolServers

Can you explain your setup and the position of this router within it. I am wondering if you have router/device forward of this NTP issue router.

RedSector73 wrote:
Maybe try one from here

The NTP Pool DNS system automatically picks time servers which are geographically close for you, but if you want to choose explicitly, there are sub-zones of pool.ntp.org. The "continent" ones are:
http://support.ntp.org/bin/view/Servers/NTPPoolServers

Can you explain your setup and the position of this router within it. I am wondering if you have router/device forward of this NTP issue router.


Thanks for your Reply.

I did configure this NTP: 0.south-america.pool.ntp.org, but still NTP not sync

85940

85941

I would be using just
south-america.pool.ntp.org

Also make sure you have set DST correctly for your timezone.

Pezhan wrote:
Thanks for your Reply.

I did configure this NTP: 0.south-america.pool.ntp.org, but still NTP not sync

85940

85941


You may also try to set to pool.ntp.org and let your time zone look for exact NTP server.

RogerL
Level 7
Pezhan wrote:
Hi guys.

I have a little problem with AsusWRT at moment to want sync NTP on router.

The defaul hour is May 05, 2018, but i need update that. I try with differents NTP servers but no works.

Any one?


I think I might have the same problem...

Network works perfectly, but router says
86098

On the config page FAQ mentions that NTP configuration depends on monitoring
86099

I can ping google from my computer or from Network Tools Network Analysis
I can ping pool.ntp.org, but router still says Internet Disconnected and NTP time not updated...

Fix the DST settings. You have to have them right for it to work, and they look like default ones.

RedSector73 wrote:
Fix the DST settings. You have to have them right for it to work, and they look like default ones.


Looked like it followed time zone setting - AS IT SHOULD (what is this a correct default for?)
What is worse is that I can not set it correct for CEST, "last Sunday of month" can be 3rd to 5th more or less

Lets hope having wrong DST setting will not affect if I am connected to Internet or not...
(must wait for later to restart the router, tried to ssh into it to see what was happening and it looks like NTP got turned off)