Has anyone received a new Firmware update! 3.0.0.4.384_7997-g9176478
Every gamer has suffered from small-screen videos
21 REPLIES 21

Sprayingmango
Level 10
So far 8011 has been great for me.

Sprayingmango wrote:
So far 8011 has been great for me.

Like he said E38BIMMERFN that you need to recover, and after the update, and tell you that you are saving the settings before you reset.

For me, it works great!!
And it has been added as a new functionality in QoS.
Every gamer has suffered from small-screen videos

Hi, May be we need more input regard to this firmware. I am not sure about others, but every time I will perform a factory reset after each upgrade. To make sure it clear the NVRAM before I start to put restoring the config file. I think it a good habit to follow thru.

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1039074/

This is what I normally does.

ASUS router Hard Factory Reset - Method 2

1. Turn the router off.
2. Press and hold the "WPS" button and turn the router on.
3. Power light is on (keep holding the WPS button).
4. Release the WPS button after the power light is off.
5. Reboot your router by manually pressing the power button.

Does anyone use the factory reset with in the UIs web page?

e38BimmerFN wrote:
Does anyone use the factory reset with in the UIs web page?

Web GUI reset will not clear the NVRAM on the router. You need to physical reset by others member mentioned here.

Even if with this check box is enabled? "Initialize all the settings, and clear all the data log for AiProtection, Traffic Analyzer, and Web History."

ahfoo wrote:
Web GUI reset will not clear the NVRAM on the router. You need to physical reset by others member mentioned here.

e38BimmerFN wrote:
Even if with this check box is enabled? "Initialize all the settings, and clear all the data log for AiProtection, Traffic Analyzer, and Web History."

It may not clear all the rubbish data, setting residing inside. Just like android phone, after each version update, clear cache to make sure all previos cache include uninstall file remaining and make it clean. The safe way to wipe out. It no difficult to do it. Just following the others here method will do the job.

Ok, thank you for the feedback. I'll start using this when I do FW updates.
Thank you.

Thank you.