cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Beta Firmware for AXE16000

Saltgrass
Level 13
I notice there is a Beta Firmware available on the normal download site. I suppose if you have the beta option selected, it would be downloaded automatically.

Looks like they added several improvements but it doesn't look like it might help me in any way.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200
14 REPLIES 14

Saltgrass
Level 13
You might also, if a MAC can handle it, to see if there are properties dialogs for the Wi-Fi on that system and what the Advanced settings might show. The radio might be turned off, which could happen based on the location.

Since the specs. on the system show Bluetooth 5.3, it is a 6e Wi-Fi card, possibly an AX210 or AX211, if Apple uses Intel cards.

I will see if I can find something on the Apple community forums. And I will start here.

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT213433
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

Saltgrass
Level 13
I saw one thread where someone said they had to add the 6 GHz network manually.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

The Apple interface is quite rudimentary/simple. There are not many things I can manipulate in the settings. Â*If I can’t see the SSID on the list given of what it sees, my only real recourse is to set it up manually. Â*When I do that for example I set the SSID to SUSA_70_6G then enter the password, set WPA3 Personal, then try to apply/connect, it would just say not found and ask if I want to run a diagnostic. Â*In some way or another I was able to sometimes change it to SUSA_70 (on the router settings) and apply it, but I guess that was a glitch (in the mobile app) as the Web GUI definitely does not allow it, unless Smart Connected. *So it is back to all four bands Smart Connected, but I did not dare touch the default that 5 GHz-2 is set to dedicated backhaul. I do not want to jinx myself. Â*Everything is default except adding the 6 GHz band to Smart Connect, and running 3.0.0.4.388_22237 (if I memorized it correctly).

I have no idea what brand/model card/chipset is in there. Â*I just recently learned about SoC (System on Chip) which is amazing to me. Â*I last studied computers back at the turn of the millennium…

jzchen
Level 14
Thank you thank you!

I have purchased a WiFi scanner type app ($1.99) and it does not show any 6E (6 GHz) signal. *It can see the whole slew of 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz that I have spread about. *But that still begs the question which one is not working: *the app not compatible with the Mac, the radio in the Mac, and/or the radios in my AXE16000 and AXE11000. *But I must say hard resetting everything, setting up the router, then adding the 4 nodes was so much easier this time around. *My guess is that the settings do not transfer over from firmware to firmware and creates glitches in functionality. *I was pretty peeved as reconnecting nodes was tedious just prior as they would just drop and sometimes auto delete themselves from the ASUSwrt. *When that happened I needed to physically go to the node and hard reset it, then add it back. *(This might cause a different node to drop out)… *None of that headache after hard resetting them all.

When my son arrived home last night (busy college pre-med major) I tried to change the SSID of 6 GHz to the same as the rest which are Smart Connected, per Apple instructions. *ASUSwrt does not allow that, so I added it to Smart Connect. *I saw his computer connect to 6 GHz but the signal was poor as it’s on the far end of the 2nd floor. *I’m going to move some nodes around so the AXE11000 is closer to his room…

Again thank you…*

jzchen
Level 14
I moved the AXE11000 to a more central location on the 2nd floor. *As my son has the computer on I tinkered with the settings. *I switched 5 GHz-2 to both fronthaul and backhaul. *I separated it to SUSA_70_6G and PSC checked. *I then put 6 GHz back on Smart Connect with PSC unchecked. *I then checked PSC box. *For a brief while I saw his computer connect to the 6 GHz band. *Later it moved back to 5 GHz-2. *I’m going to leave it at that all channels Smart Connect (including 6 GHz) and PSC checked.