cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Beta Firmware for AXE16000

Saltgrass
Level 13
I notice there is a Beta Firmware available on the normal download site. I suppose if you have the beta option selected, it would be downloaded automatically.

Looks like they added several improvements but it doesn't look like it might help me in any way.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200
14 REPLIES 14

jzchen
Level 14
Thank you for sharing this! *I hope to look into trying it when I get home around the 12th…

Saltgrass
Level 13
They just released a newer version, which is for stability and GUI foreign language problems.

I might make a difference to you, but it appears the AXE16000 and Mesh Node AX11000 are running the same firmware version.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

jzchen
Level 14
I am trying it remotely, (over 5k mi away if that is a factor). *With the box ticked for checking for beta firmware, the ASUS router app check for firmware update function shows the beta version as available, but I am not able to successfully download it. *So I tried the new release version by logging into ASUSwrt remotely, removing the tick, and checking for updated firmware on the app. *It also fails to load remotely. *I also tried both logging in via web access to ASUSwrt but both fail as well, sometimes saying function not available remotely, (I believe with the beta version specifically).

By failing to install remotely I am able to select update and it downloads (approx 5 minutes), but the version doesn’t take and still shows the previous version when I go back to check. *(I had a similar issue while at home trying to update the RT-AX86U before we left)…

Saltgrass
Level 13
There is a note on the download about how it has to be downloaded. I got the impression the Beta check box on the router would not be sufficient.

Possibly the update is affected by location?

I don't know what effect the newer update might have regarding the Beta upgrade since I have not tried the Beta version.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

jzchen
Level 14
Thank you. *It seems to be related to .388_ because I had trouble updating the RT-AX86U when I was at home for a recent update. *I forgot exactly what I did for it to take. *It would also download and say “complete�, but I would notice the router would not restart/reboot. *Similarly I have auto updates turned on and it is not updating as it would on it’s own like before….

I’ll be flying home tomorrow (local time I would be on the plane). *I hope to update soon and see what it fixes. Â*As of now the RT-AX86U is down the line to the AXE11000 shows disconnected BUT a “2â€� shows which are Ethernet printers. Â*(It is working). Â*The RT-AC68U went back online a few days ago all of a sudden. Â*(I tried to upload a screenshot but it exceeds the file size limit. Â*Too tired to figure it out at the moment)…

jzchen
Level 14
Arrived home this yesterday evening and got 3.0.0.4.388_22237 installed after 4 or 5 attempts. Will observe for now if I feel I need to try the beta...

jzchen
Level 14
We finally have a WiFi 6E device, my son’s new MacBook Pro. *Unfortunately can only connect to 5 GHz channel and NetSpot does not show a 6 GHz signal. *I may download the 3.0.0.4.388.2223x .

Saltgrass
Level 13
It does appear the new MacBook Pro is Wi-Fi 6e capable, after a specific OS version. Do you know what the model of the Wi-Fi card is? I know basically nothing the Apple computers since the last one I dealt with was the Apple IIe. 😉

Any chance something on your network has the network restricted? Any chance you have the 6 GHz radio disabled or not setup the SSID?

You don't have any other systems on which you could replace the Wi-Fi card and bring it up to date?

I have not yet installed the Beta so I can't verify its capabilities.
Maximus Z790 Hero,
Intel i9-13900k
Intel BE200

jzchen
Level 14
Wife and son pretty much insisted I speak with Apple support. Had me press the reset button on the router, after which my entire network was gone. Busy rebuilding it now. Surprisingly not so difficult so far...