cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New ax11000 firmware!

jsarver
Level 11
Update is available but no change log posted. The update isn’t even listed on the product page yet.*
17 REPLIES 17

catalambano wrote:
I had wireless speed losses, but by setting the channel manually to 128 and then to 104 (44-64 on 5G-1 band), i.e. forcing the router to change channels and then returning to the channel selected at the beginning, it was like unlocked and now it works wonderfully (even if I set the automatic selection of the Wi-Fi channel).

Is this with the latest firmware and did you set the band (5G-1 and 5G-2) to 160Mhz only?

Sprayingmango
Level 10
Yeah this .7979 firmware is severely broken.

Should we just wait and continue to use the .7979 or to roll back to the previous. Any advise ? Thank you.

Cant understand why some are having problems with this update ?

I updated from the US site the day it was released and haven't looked back... no issues at all.

I have around 30 devices all set with static IP addresses,

Only using 2.4 and 5G-1 and Guest is on (5g-2 disabled ... dont need it ) Full speeds on everything.

xlr8r wrote:
Cant understand why some are having problems with this update ?

I updated from the US site the day it was released and haven't looked back... no issues at all.

I have around 30 devices all set with static IP addresses,

Only using 2.4 and 5G-1 and Guest is on (5g-2 disabled ... dont need it ) Full speeds on everything.

Sorry, no offence to you. You may not encounter any issue within your need. Having said that, while we are paying at this time a premium price for this AX11000 do expect to perform what it supposed to be for what we paying for.

Asus firmware dev team know what we expect from this router but they are not be able to re-produce all issue what we encounter. We are providing the shortfall of this version firmware release and provide them with info/data, so to help them to provide better future version of firmware to optimizes the potential of this router.

ronspitzer
Level 8
I think the issues depend on your configuration. Mine is fairly complex with a lot of port forwarding for cameras and a server. I use all 3 bands as most people do. The issue I have is always that it stops handing out IP addresses, which would not affect you if all your devices are static with hard assigned DNS servers. If I assign static IP's and DNS addresses it will function but that is not the 'normal' way to use a router. It also would not allow some 2.4Ghz devices to connect specifically my Honeywell thermostat. I can't make the thermostat do full static IP and DNS so it will never connect properly to the router once it fails. All my IP cameras that use 2.4 Ghz ARE static so they do function but only for that reason. If I try to use DHCP for them they are just like the other DHCP devices that do not get DHCP addresses and thus fail to connect properly. All of my DHCP devices eventually do not work because they do not get a valid IP and DNS once the issue starts. The only way to 'FIX
it is to restart the router. I can't be doing that every hour with a house full of users and devices. The log for the router does not show any issue that I can find for the DHCP, it just shows it working until I have to reboot it. The ASUS App on my phone can connect but only from the internet, not on the Wi-Fi and then I can reboot the router or I can do a static IP for one of my laptops and log into the router and reboot. REBOOT is the only way to get the DHCP to work again once it stops.

ronspitzer
Level 8
I too updated from the US site. I sure hope that ASUS is paying attention to these posts since others are having problems with it as well. Anything that has to do with the internet dropping suddenly will probably be because of the DHCP issue. I have had my AX200 Wi-Fi laptop connected and suddenly it says no internet and when I look at its IP it is 169.xxx.xxx.xxx which means it has no longer got a valid IP from the router. I suspect others with this issue would find the same. I was really hoping this release would be stable as it introduces some good security improvement like WPA3 support.

ronspitzer wrote:
I too updated from the US site. I sure hope that ASUS is paying attention to these posts since others are having problems with it as well. Anything that has to do with the internet dropping suddenly will probably be because of the DHCP issue. I have had my AX200 Wi-Fi laptop connected and suddenly it says no internet and when I look at its IP it is 169.xxx.xxx.xxx which means it has no longer got a valid IP from the router. I suspect others with this issue would find the same. I was really hoping this release would be stable as it introduces some good security improvement like WPA3 support.

ron you and I were both going through the same troubles with this update. I also hope ASUS fixes this quickly. I just bought another AX11000 for my new house and will run them in AiMesh with ethernet as backhaul. I will load the older firmware on the new one when it arrives today and make sure not to update until ASUS rolls out a fix.